Chapter 27

I was hiding in the back of the closet beside a full rack of clothing so I wouldn't be seen by anyone. My face was beat red and my heart was racing. This is the second time this week that I walked in on a guy in the middle of performing a sexual act. I was so frustrated I was actually trembling.

When I heard someone enter the room I squeezed my eyes shut and prayed it wasn't him. "Kat?" I heard a concerned voice and my eyes snapped open. It was Teagan. I released a breath of relief.

        "Are you okay?" She asked me, probably finding the sight of me hiding behind a clothing rack a bit odd. "I just walked in on our boss getting head from Rebel," I whispered to her. My cheeks inflamed again and she laughed. "It happens," she told me.

What the heck does that mean? It happens, as in, everyone accidentally walks in on something like that in their lifetimes? Does she mean that Renzo does this all the time? My stomach soured and I hated it. I was already heartbroken over one idiot and now my feelings are hurt by another.

I have no right to care about what Renzo does, or WHO, he does. It was just a sore subject seeing as a few days ago it was my own boyfriend I walked in on.

        "I'm so embarrassed. Can you check to see if they're gone?" I asked her. I felt like a child. She agreed though and walked out of the closet to check everything out.

"They're gone" she informed me as she reentered. I was relieved. "I hope he left the premises for good. I can't face him tonight" I cringed. She laughed. "I'm sure he did. He probably just wanted a blow job. When men get what they want they leave" she sauntered past me.

If men do that to women as beautiful as Teagan or Rebel then I don't stand a chance.

        My expression must have changed because she was suddenly walking back over to me and rubbing my arm. "Are you okay?" She studied me. I shook it off. "Yeah, I'm good. I gotta start working. I'll see you later" I waved to her.

"Wait" she called after me. I cringed, hoping she wasn't going to ask me more questions. "Which one?" She asked me.

I turned back and saw her holding up two different colored lingerie. It's beautiful material and a lacy peekaboo style, I can't even imagine what I'd look like in something like that. I looked between the two options and chose the one on the right. "I was leaning towards that one too," she smiled. I tried to return the expression but quickly walked out. 

-

        For the rest of my night I was distracted at work. My mind kept altering the scenes of both incidents I walked into. Val getting head from Rebel and Renzo eating ass. To Val in bed with a woman, degrading her like he said he liked. And then Renzo, calling someone a good girl in bed.

I kept picturing all these scenes that wrecked my gut and hurt my heart. I know what men want...and I don't have it.

        I dropped my head on the desk and groaned, but quickly lifted it when I heard the door handle. It was Raquel and she had a questionable expression. "Uh, honey, I think there is someone here to see ya...he looks drunk and he's demanding to come in, but Tommaso obviously wouldn't let him. Do you wanna see him or should they throw him in the street?" She asked.

My eyes went wide. Val? It couldn't be. I did tell him the name of the actual place I worked for when I told him the truth about everything, but why would he come here? It had to be a different Kat. It can't be me.

        On the off chance that it was Val I didn't want them throwing him into the street, so I stood and quickly followed her out the door. I walked swiftly across the main floor and out the front where Val was in fact drunk and hollering things.