Chapter 59 (Renzo's POV)

Moretti was being a real pain in my ass about this extra shipment. He was butt hurt because we exchanged some words about Kat. And by that I mean that I threatened to cut his dick off and nail it to his own forehead if he ever touched her again. 

Moretti has an ego and he didn't like what I said, so he was being a little bitch and telling me to go unload somewhere else. That's a pretty last minute fucking decision now that I already made an agreement with the Irish on their behalf. I wasn't having that bullshit, but tonight I couldn't handle the New York Italians. 

       Tonight I needed to store my guns because there is a lot of fucking money sitting in those crates and I don't trust leaving them just anywhere. I also loathe having my own selling products on the property of my businesses because you don't wanna mix your legal business with your illegal business or that's when things get messy. 

I did everything under the guise of legal business that is why I am so successful. 

Sure, I also have a lot of high ranking officials in my pocket, but it doesn't mean I trust a single mother fucker to not try to turn on me and dime. I'm always preparing for the worst because then I am prepared. When you are in control of a situation, even a bad one you'll still be a step ahead of everyone else.

        So, we were at Fuoco Lento unloading the crates of guns and my mood was already sour from having to change things around at the last minute. Not even three hours ago I was in Kat's bed after having claimed every inch of her body inside and out, and although I shouldn't have done it I did stay for a little while afterwards because I knew Kat needed it, especially after the intensity of giving up her control, and admitting repeatedly that she belongs to Renzo Revello.

 My dick could get hard just thinking about it. 

Now I'm here in this old fucking basement with these ugly assholes unloading the supplies. I was here overseeing things and complaining to my men when one smart ass decided to make a comment I didn't like. 

"Boss, it was kinda you who pissed off Moretti and made him back out last minute...maybe if you talk to him again." I was on my goons ass like white on rice and I fisted his collar to yank him closer to me. 

"You think you can run operations better than me?! You wanna be the boss?" I pulled my weapon and shoved the barrel of the gun just below the jaw to screw his mouth tight shut. 

        I was so focused on chewing out my guy I hadn't even noticed the tiny figure appear in the entryway until the sound of a bag with something heavy in it went tumbling to the ground. My eyes snapped up and caught with the terrified gaze of the same woman I had just been thinking about. 

Everyone in the room paused and looked at this unexpected visitor. I don't know if it had left my mouth, my brother's, or my cousins but someone said her name as it registered to me that she was frozen and staring at my gun. Fuck. How do I play this off as nothing? 

        I've had to hide and cover up so many things since Kat came into our lives. I knew she was too innocent and sweet to handle the truth of who we are, so I never told her. I've gone through extreme measures to be sure she'd never know. 

The girls at work were warned to keep their mouths shut. Any time something sketchy went down I had a story ready for her that Dante and I could both collaborate on so our stories would match. I even whistled in the middle of a family reunion, when my uncles came from Italy and we closed down Revello's for that party, to tell everyone that they better hide their guns and shut their mouths about who we were because Kat didn't know. 

She didn't know...until right now.

        Is there a way I can explain this without fessing up? How long was she down here and how much of this conversation did she hear? Kat could always make these big doe eyes, but today those eyes were large and filled to the brim with total fear.