Chapter 78 (Renzo's POV)

"I want you to have a sit down with Jimmy Colombo" I leaned back in my chair and folded my hands in front of me. My brother was across the table and our father was beside him. "I really don't wanna go barking up that tree, Ren" he shook his head and huffed as he has been every time I bring this up. 

"He's not wrong" my father backed me this time. "He's not gonna expect nothing from us because of the marriage. This isn't like the old days. My marriage isn't a damn business contract" Rocco got defensive. 

My uncle had just come in and behind him a few cousins followed. We were having a crime family meeting I suppose. Ever since our dealings with Moretti I felt there was this unsaid word between Colombo and the Revello crime family. I'm not thrilled we'll be linked to the New York syndicate by marriage because it's a fucking pain in the ass on my part, but Rocco just hasn't seen it that way. Yet.

        "Jimmy's always been a leach. He'll want something" my uncle sucked his teeth. "What would you even want me to say at this sit down?" My brother looked pointedly at me rather than the rest of the table. "Tell him the answer is fuck no" I deadpanned. 

My cousin slid me a drink and plopped down in the chair beside me. We were at a friend's restaurant instead of our own place. Doesn't matter where we go. This area is basically little Italy and everyone knows who we are anyway. 

"He hasn't asked for anything, so I can't say no to him without a damn question being posed" Rocco got all flustered because the asshole is gonna be his father in law. That was his mistake when he decided to run after Grace. I told him so and now he's gotta suck it up.

 "Don't wait for him to ask. You tell him business with Moretti is a fixed point. We aren't changing that, and if he thinks this marriage will align us in new business ventures you tell him fuck no" I broke it down for him, even though I know he knows what the fuck I'm talking about. Rocco isn't new to the game, which is all the more irksome to me when he makes me break it down like this.

        "Dad, you're buddies with the guy. Don't make me be the bad guy before I even get the ring on Grace's finger. You're putting me in an awkward position" he was still goddamn complaining. My cousins started chiming in, some agreeing and some not. 

"Let the poor guy keep peace with his father in law" my cousin clasped my father's shoulder to tease him. "I could give a rats ass about how Jimmy feels" my father practically spat at the thought. 

"Do I always have to be the fucking bad guy?" I slammed my hand down on the table to regain order. Everyone looked my way and my uncle shrugged, "You're pretty good at it." 

I rolled my eyes but the others chuckled. "You won't be laughing when those hoodrat New Yorkers come knocking on your door trying to take what's rightfully yours. Remember that when all this goes to shit" I warned them. 

Nobody is taking this shit serious, but I have a foresight that reaches beyond all the possibilities these dumbasses haven't even thought about yet. I'm always ahead of the game. That's why I am the leader of it, and remain so.

        "Those greasy bastards. I ain't working with em" my cousin scowled. My father looked contemplative, my brother looked like he was pleading with me with only that single brotherly glance, and the rest were muttering to each other. I ran my hand down my face and decided I had enough. 

"Fuck it, I'll be the bad guy. You're all fucking useless" I stood up. "My boy, sit down. Relax. We'll eat and talk" my father tried waving me back over. I waved them off and left the restaurant while I still had a semblance of patience in me.

        My phone pinged and the name on the screen helped ease the tension rising inside me. I had texted Kat before the meeting asking her what panties she was wearing today just to get her all flustered. I knew she was with Grace today. She told me how excited she was to have a friend, so I know all about their plans.