Chapter 6

I stood awkwardly in the middle of the office, unsure if that desk chair was my rightful place or if he'd take it for himself. For now he stood in the doorway in a wide stance with his hands still in those same pockets that I now know hold a wad of folded bills. "Your job will be to run the books and count the registers at the end of each night. What I mean by the books is this" he finally removed his hands from his pockets and walked across the room towards the desk. 

He rounded it and pulled back the chair. When he sat down he opened the drawer and pulled a stack of receipts out. 

"You will log these into the computers. When you see a receipt with a charge for 'VIP-large group', you will log that into this book and when you get the okay you will then log it into the computer. I'll have someone show you how tomorrow. 

"What's a 'VIP-large group'?" I asked, noting that it's logged separately. He sat back in his chair and eyed me which made me squirm. "You don't get to ask questions. Do as your told and you'll be paid $20 an hour to start" he surprised me by saying. It's more than I thought I would get and he said 'to start' as though I could get more. 

        "And as I said, you'll count the registers once the bar closes its tabs, just to make sure everything is in order for the next night. Are you with me so far?" Renzo was still leaning back in his chair, with his elbow on the armrest, and his hand beside his mouth as he waited for my response. Whenever he touches his mouth it makes my insides clench.

"Yes, I believe so" I took a second glance around the room so I wouldn't have to see his intense gaze which was fixed on me. "Do I have a uniform?" I asked him. "Nobody will see you back here. You certainly can't wear sweatpants, but the last two outfits I've seen you in are a fine example for what'll pass as appropriate" his eyes wandered down my body. I gulped and nodded. 

"I have a lady of the house, who is essentially a manager of the dancers and bartenders. She'll be the one to show you the ropes. You'll address her with your questions" he let me know. "Do you not work here at all?" I don't know why that made me frown. "I come check on things" was all he said. 

        "What are my hours?" I asked him, realizing he hasn't mentioned anything. He ran a large hand through his thick obsidian hair and it softened slightly which looked good on him. Then he almost killed me when he pulled off his suit coat and draped it over the back of his desk chair. It's the first time I've seen more of his body's shape. He's muscled everywhere. I can tell. Wow.

 Even under black fabric you can tell where the pulls are, and the curve of his spine leaves his broad shoulders wider than his more narrow waist.

"We're open from 4-12am on Sunday's, Wednesday's and Thursday's. 6-2am on Fridays and Saturdays. You have to be a club member to even step foot in here, which is what keeps the riff raff, sloppy, and cheap people out of here. Members and visitors of members. Ah, the visitors must get their ID scanned at the door and that information will pop up on the computer. You'll log that information in this book also" his long finger pressed down on the leather bound book. I guess they keep a tight ship around here. 

"Are memberships expensive?" I wondered aloud. "Very" he said, maintaining that borderline seductive eye contact with me. I think it's just the way his beautiful lashes look naturally. I don't think he's meaning to look at me through seductive eyes. Why would he? 

        "You'd be surprised what wealthy men pay for," he told me, rolling his chair back and standing up. "Bottle service, private lap dances, the back champagne room I showed you is also an added cost for its privacy" he rounded the desk as he spoke.

For some reason I took a step back when he stopped directly in front of me. His presence is so overwhelming. He smelt so clean today, but still that intoxicating scent of his cologne was present.