Act 3 - Scene 2: The Shock of The Surprise

Start from the beginning

Quinton quickly got up from his seat and crouched down beside me. Since he was on my right, he put his left hand on my back, pressing my spine to be as straight as possible.

"You're doing good." He said quietly.
With the other hand he spun the chair around, so I was now facing him.
"Now keep your hand here." He grabbed my hand and put it onto his chest.
"Now copy my breathing. Don't focus on anything else apart from me." He locked eyes with me, inhaling deeply, encouraging me to do the same.

I intensely stared into his vibrant orbs whilst they took me in without a second thought.
The way he looks at me eased any agenda I had.

As he breathed in his chest raised, causing me to mimic his action. He held his hand over mine which was already pressed to his chest. He rubbed the the pad of his thumb on the back of my hand, making me feel a trail of tickling sparks. He slowly breathed out in a controlled manner as did I. He's saving my life...

"Excuse me sir, is everything okay?" Someone came by and asked, presumably a waiter.

"Ignore." He soothingly said to me in an authoritative manner, still breathing with me. It was helping.

"Excuse me, Sir? Is everything okay?" Repeated the nosy person. I didn't even notice Quinton's hand on my thigh until his grip tightened around me. I guess he was annoyed with the stranger's presence.
His touch alone caused a spark in inappropriate regions.

"Good. Good Holland." He grabbed held of both of my hands and searched my eyes. This was too much eye contact for me, but I had no choice but to focus on him to help myself. I felt as though he could feel every ounce of emotion from within me. My eyes welled up with tears, but I was not going to let them fall.

He squeezed my hand a little when he saw that I was fit to speak, then let go.
He got up and returned to his seat
"You're a fast learner." He nodded to himself.

The waiter who was standing there huffed before walking away.

"Th-thank you." I coughed, feeling more or less fine again.

"I apologise, Holland. Please forgive me for not telling you of this venue beforehand. It's abstract behaviour is a famous feature here. It slightly rotates and ascends without those inside the dome feeling it, it's supposed to be this place's unique characteristic. It's illusion comes from a visual glass lens which makes us look further from the ground than we actually are. We're only a few stories high, but I wanted to see your reaction. Forgive me for not considering the possibilities of you being scared of heights." He ran his fingers through his hair, despite his hair being tied up in a near bun. He looked at me with apologetic eyes.
"Shall we leave?" He asked.

"Uh..." I didn't know. I didn't want to be a chicken. I was just extremely shocked and this was a new experience for me. Maybe I'll suggest to go outside in a bit.

"No pressure, I want to take you elsewhere anyways." He got up and made an approach to help me get out my seat, like the gentleman he was.

"It's alright, I've got it." I put my hand out to stop him. I was capable of handling myself. I may be small framed, but I am not a petite little lady that likes all of this curtesy shit. If someone from my ends were to see his gestures towards me I would've been a dead man. Ugh I don't even want to think of it.

I got up, grabbed all my belongings and made sure not to look outside. I walked close behind Quinton, feeling a little light headed. We walked to this hidden door behind the bar near the kitchen. There was a lift which was already opened for us.

"Holland, my deepest apologies. It wasn't my intention to panic you." He spoke with sincerity. He put his hand out which confused me for a second. Did he want me to grab hold of it?