Dizi |Venxiao|

Genre:
Angst (comfort), Fluff

Requested by:
thatfandomweeb

Warning:
I do not actually understand what did you mean by top!venti and bottom!xiao.

***

The song once lulled a broken heart echoed through his ears, those failed and fell down whom let himself be devoured by the demon. The flute calmed the storm, and for once the falling adeptus looked up to the rising sun as his ears were captivated by each notes. A song he wasn't sure from where, but as if the wind told him its presence, a picture came to his mind.

The god of freedom purged the dark from him.

Xiao, the last standing adeptus whom went and saw many lives taken away within seconds, looked at the rising sun一whenever the flute played, even if he's no longer suffering through despair.

As he graced the inn with his protection, his golden eyes gazed at the night sky, hoping to hear the song one last time. As if his prayers were brought by the wind, a song of calming flute played along.

Even if such instrument was a forgein origin kind, it didn't matter as to what mattered the most was the story flowing through the song.

Xiao closed his eyes, letting himself be lulled and when he opened it... the flute stopped.

Gracious.

Perhaps that was the right word to desrcibe the piece he heard.

***

Centuries passed, the song no longer played but even so, the significant instrument wouldn't disappear from his memory.

Once he stood by the Inn's roof, gazing upon the ravishing moonlight一stars bling, shining his golden eyes twice more. His ears were left peaceful by the night, the only thing he could hear was people falling into slumber一

"Beautiful night, isn't it? The night is full of surprises once you close your eyes and let the ears work for you."

An unfamiliar voice rang through Xiao's ears, he quickly turned一the young looking teenage boy had already sat down beside him, azure eyes glossed themselves towards the moon.

From when and where did he come from, Xiao couldn't figure out一the boy next to him finally turned his gaze. "Hi, I'm Venti the bard from Mondstadt. A pleasure to meet you..." his voice trailed, eyebrows knitted together as he waited patiently for the quiet adeptus to speak his name.

However, hostility came first, suspicions arose crept up his neck whilst his mind pondered the true identity of a "normal bard". Honesty came first, his blunt tongue spitted, "It doesn't seem like you're a human."

'Venti' as how he assumed his name was一didn't bother to lift his gaze from him, as if Xiao's golden eyes were the spell that bewitched him, he dared not to look away. "Hm, seems like you're the sharp one一my old friend once told me about you. Are you the listener to the flute I blew?" the teenage looking boy asked.

Hesitation washed over Xiao's chest, the bright brimming looks didn't wash away from Venti albeit knowing the reluctance he was struggling from. "An old friend?" he blurted out, muttering the words and they were left as a whisper to oneself.

"Well, your name is...?"

The adeptus sighed, he couldn't care less to answer一a normal bard with no business... a mortal he assumed. With years of karma accumalating, within just an interaction一the adeptus remained silent, perhaps fear aroused his thoughts. Fear of accidently spreading the karma he was supposed to be the one whom should handle.

Despite all the thoughts running his head, he knew the bard wouldn't leave him alone until answer's out. With hesitation that still lingered within him, Xiao gently spoke, "My name's Xiao. Will that be enough to fill your curiosity?"

The bard hummed a random tune, amusing himself whilst letting the azure eyes finally drowned on the moon once more. "Perhaps it's enough. The wind doesn't seem to blow that often around some parts with you," Venti concluded.

Not even the slightest bit amused, Xiao heaved a sigh, 'He's right, the night cold breeze hardly ever reached to my skin before his presence.'

A small strum flew passed by his ears, the music nipped his eardrum, wanted or not一Xiao turned, only to see the bard suddenly having the lyre floated up the air. "To appease the heart that seemed to burden you, would you like to hear a tune?"

What... why all of the sudden...

The boy beside him was full of surprise...

Xiao heaved another sigh, the ability to withstand the surprises of the bard vanished as to now, concern flew in his thoughts instead. The longer he interacted, the higher chance the karma-like-virus would get to him. "I do not have time for this, if you'll excuse me, I have some matters to atten一"

The lyre's tune played, a strumming trickled its way to Xiao's hearing一a song familiar, free like the tides of ocean, emptiness within his chest once again filled with the everlasting serenity Xiao thought he'd not hear it again.

And till then, conclusion hit his head. He was no ordinary bard, but the bard that once set him free long time ago.

Lulled to hear him, addicted to hear him, Xiao let himself sit for another time. Even if the instrument was different, he bear not to turn away from a lullaby Xiao'd been yearning to hear.

"Hmm... it seems like you are my listener from the past, aren't you? I may not be able to recognize who you are before, but I know who listens to my piece," Venti said, his hand swung to where the small breeze blew and the lyre's gone from both of their sight.

"Barbatos..."

"I'd prefer if you call me by my new identity, Venti."

The adeptus was left stunned, not even words managed to be uttered. The feelings as if the burden'd been lifted up came surging his chest. And for once, Xiao stayed there for long as he knew.

"It's nice to meet you, Xiao."

***

First meeting always came like the first snow一sudden, unexpected however not even heart dared to despise it.

The bamboo flute, dizi, brought up to Xiao's lips as he watched the sun rising which soon's going to greet the whole nation with its heat.

"I'm only here in Liyue to visit an old friend. However, if you truly want to hear another song from the sea across, play me a song and I might bring it back to you."

The sun rising, wind stopped howling. Xiao watched as the bard suddenly disappeared as if he's the wind and he, himself, had never been here. "Until we meet again."

Memories couldn't stop flowing until the night to come, they would not stop until the song Venti promised, played amidst the cliff of where Xiao assumed to be far from his reach.

A small song to pay the kindness the player hadn't realized he'd done.

****

Sorry for how short this is, how late I wrote this, and the delay. I'm having a hand problem but that's alright, I'll finish the last two request of the month.

I don't rlly know theur dynamics and relationship but I heard Venti played his flute and helped Xiao get rid of his suffering. So with that piece of information, I tried to make a oneshot out of it.

I'm not sure if I'm opening requests again. But thank you for requesting! I'm sorry this doesn't reach your expectation.

Have a nice day!