Itodori Festival |Albedo x Xingqiu|

Genre:
Fluff

Requested by:
Mochiro_

***

Small memories of a festival he wasn't familiar with left small shards. The illustrator turned his head to where the popular Narukami Island stood, its history and the secrets that were yet to be dug.

The soft wind softly blew his hair, letting it swayed to where it's blown to. The bright azure eyes glanced up to the clear blue sky, calmness stirred within his chest as he'd been drifted to the memories spent. Albedo sat by the ship's edge, letting his eyes followed the trails of waves softly crashing the ship.

"Albedo," a gentle voice called resembled the ripples of water rang across his ears. "Yes?"

"It seems like we took the same boat."

Even if the ship departed from the harbor, Albedo remained reminiscent of the past events一adventures like stories with its mysteries. "I believe the Liyue ship should arrive tomorrow, why are you boarding Mondstadt's?" Albedo asked.

A small sound of 'creak' echoed within his ears from what he assumed to be footsteps. Albedo turned, there he saw the amber eyes following to where Albedo's azure ones was gazing at. The hair resembled the deep dark sea could hardly be missed by anyone. "I have to leave today, I have business to attend to back in my homeland," Xingqiu replied, his calm tone competed with Albedo's.

The usual mischief glistened on his face dissipated, as now Xingqiu wished to let the ocean did its mischief duties by letting it rock the ship gently. "It was a fun festival don't you think? Though, I mostly spent my time for signing. If it hadn't been for your intellegence, who knows that day might be the last day I see the light."

"Stamps... Albedo, what do you think about changing the curve a bit?"

The blonde man looked down from his sketch paper, finding his azure eyes analyzing the the crimson red stamp. With a silent thought, he let his finger ran through the ink, letting his tainted fingertips to flow whatever desgin would be best.

"Like this?"

Albedo lifted his finger, letting the younger blue haired boy inspect the final piece. Soon, what seemed to be just Albedo's hallucination, a light beamed with delightment. "Yep, this looks nice! I'll use this."

The wind changed its direction, from when it blew to the east, it turned to the west as if it's telling them the world around was only an accessory, only them both to witness the past.

"I guess I did my part, but truly it all came from your hardwork as well. Your determination in not upsetting the readers was admirable," Albedo said. Soon, the piece of memories shifted to when the Five Kasen encountered the Inazuma's river city, letting it flow to reveal what's written in the paper.

During the night, he decided to go to the well known Uyuu Restaurant, only to be encountered with what seemed to be a destined fate.

"Oh, you're here?"

The familiarity sense of a voice caught his busy self, he turned to see the expected amber eyes. "Xingqiu, what a coincidence to have you eat dinner here."

The boy walked in, his eyes glimmered brighter under the light of a restaurant. He took the seat beside Albedo and spoke his orders.

"Why yes, I was just strolling around Inazuma and decided to stop by here for dinner."

The bustling noises in the cheerful air, families and people sat by the table and happily chat away their nights, light atmosphere to accompany the festival outside一they were all perfect, almost like fate decided to play strings and set up the best settings.

"So, where's Klee? The night is still young, could she be asleep?" Xinqgiu asked, genuinely confused as he saw no spots of the red ball girl anywhere. "It's past her bedtime, I tucked her in before dropping by here."

Xingqiu hummed in response, letting the serene atmosphere took them over. "Quite the blast for today, isn't it?"

"That, I have to agree."

"The food in Uyuu Restaurant was great, next time when I come here, I'll bring my friends along," Xingqiu hummed, yet his hum was drawn out by the wind as now Albedo could only hear his muffled voice. However, it was coherent enough.

Albedo's azure eyes trailed to where the sea brought them, the thunder was set clear as if it's special for the boats to arrive safely to its destination. Sound of the free-spirited seagulls and birds chirping echoed within Albedo's ears, however he was far too lost in his small reminiscent.

"I agree, Inazuma is a place perfect to travel to. Its history, culture and food are pleasing to one's heart," Albedo replied. As if pulled by the tide, Albedo leaned his body on the rails, crossing his arms.

"The solving mysteries alone was fun as well, without knowing we get to learn more about our new friends," Xingqiu added.

"The mysteries kept behind closed doors and finally are out surely put Kazuha's mind to rest. The person whom desrcibed the culprit was cunning."

"Who do you think it was?"

If Albedo turned his head, he'd surely meet the curious eyes gazing at him patiently, the eyes that were genuinely wanting to know. "The culprit of the mystery we solved? I can't confirm who."

Albedo stayed by the shore of the beach as all had left, or so he thought. The azure eyes blended together with the ocean blue, almost as if he was given the blessing to have the same colour as the deep sea. His thoughts ran from one place to another as he silently gazed at the sun soon putting itself to a rest.

No longer bothered by the bustling sound of the city, soon he was lost deeper in thoughts.

Even the sound of the sand being stepped, a breath of a human, and the warmth walking towards him were nonexistent to Albedo's sense. "Well, that was interesting."

Albedo remained silent, turned his head, and nodded before going back to his thoughts. "Perhaps there was more than what the story had led us to, such as the culprit's ulterior move, maybe there's more than what's mentioned. What actually happened there, how did a situation get into the said mess."

Xingqiu nodded his head, following to where Albedo's empty gaze landed on一the sea. "I believe such speculations and questions are best to be left unanswered. The more we know, the more we seek, do you agree?"

Words, soft and assuring as the snow in the mountain一as to why snow was assuring was the cold that never glanced at someone's identity. And maybe from them on... Albedo was first to pique interest in the young man's aspirations, oh how much he wished to talk with him.

"You're... right."

Enamored, for the first time he was reluctant to gaze at the open space一anywhere other the eyes of bright amber.

"I had fun with the festival, memories like this should be kept in mind until death. Because oportunities aren't granted that easily," Xinqiu brought Albedo's thoughts to shore, spoken gentle with the mysterious atmosphere lingering.

"Yes, I agree..一"

"Let's get closer and get to know each other more, Albedo. The next time we meet, let's do something more than this."

***

Hello, hello!

Sorry it took me SO DAMN long to get this done, but here! Forgive me for my mistakes during the process. I don't have much to say actually other than saying thank you for requesting and have a nice day!

See you in the next request and bye!♡