Late Feelings |Diluc|

Genre:
Fluff and tiny bit of angst

Requested by:
Poto_Cherry

***

Have you ever wondered what is it like to fall deeply. In. Love? Will it always be like in fairytales where you confess and you're with them?

The feeling everyone feel once in a while is ineffable, glorious and extravagant but painful like the rose's thorns. It's like the racing horses, either you fall and loose, or you ride until you win. And maybe like the paintings every artists made一the romantic, nature, dramatic, and other styles which hung onto the wall, full of stories and imagination. No matter how silly it was.

Right now, every words the owner of Dawn Winery tried to scan, his red eyes just had to wander up to see the h/c haired lady. The way her e/c irises glistened and scanned the paper over and over again, her lips pursed into a thin line, the eyebrows that furrowed in order to concentrate一Diluc's ruby eyes couldn't help but notice them all.

Since when did he feel... well, the mess that kept messing his head around? He avoided any contact with alcohol but a presence was enough to destroy his focus. "一luc? Master Diluc?"

"Ah, ehm..." he muttered under his breath, pretty incoherent to Y/n's ears. "Thank you for dropping by, Miss L/n. Is there any problem with the report?"

"Master Diluc, we have a small suggestion from a customer一"

She spoke as gentle as she could but hinted with assertiveness. Could it be because of her intellegence, he's head over heels for her?

It was confusing....

....

Falling in love...

A strong phrase that he couldn't confirm right away一something terribly dangerous, pitiful but sweet and charming. Falling in love means stealing someone's glance and make sure to hold them like a fragile object. Unfortunately, fragile object also means breaking apart easily一the person whom loves or the person they love.

Diluc's ruby eyes wandered, walking around under the beaming moonlight which accompanied him during the Windblume festival. Sound of rustling bushes, soft cold breeze of the night, and a harsh wind一they howled passed Diluc's ears.

The sound of the music playing inside the building was loud and clear, the music playing accompanied his hearing senses, until一

"Surprising of you to dance this graceful, Sir Kaeya."

The soft voice resembled sweets and cotton candy replaced the loud music playing and the cheers inside the building. Just a ring of her voice somehow changed the lightspot, as if she was the main character in the story一Y/n was the real deal afterall. Astonishing but far from grasp once you lost yourself in her perfect swirls of e/c eyes.

However... 'Sir... Kaeya?' Hearing the name grasped his heart, as if something clenched and made sure Diluc's heart couldn't escape from its wrath.

"Thank you, Y/n. Though I believe your steps rhyme with mine flawlessly," the deeper voice called out一Kaeya's voice to be exact.

Have you been warned about how fragile love was一no matter which side got hurt?

Diluc's eyes followed the motion of how slow yet fast they are at dancing, as if they're taking their time.

So this was how it felt, wasting someone's love.

...

Falling in love...