22. a life without you in it

Start from the beginning

"Yeah and why should I let the fact that my brother hates me and that ran for my life to escape the bitch who kidnapped me bother me?" Allison smiled sarcastically as the three girls look at her with sad eyes.

They continued to walk. Allison looked behind to see that Elena stopped, "Today's our anniversary." The rest of them turned around with confused looks, waiting for her to continue, "Technically, Stefan and I met on the first day of school last year." They all gave her looks of sorrow.

"Yeah, you win." Caroline said sadly.

Bonnie gave her best friend a look of sorrow, "Are you sure you wanna be here?"

"If you want to, I can drop you off home?" Allison offered.

Elena flipped her hair back slightly before answering confidently, "I have to be here. I have to put it behind me. New year, new life." She quoted making the other three girls smile.

"Yeah." They smiled before catching up to Elena who was ahead of them now.

★★★

First period flew by quickly, since it was an enjoyable lesson and the Bell rang for second period. The flock of students entered Alaric's classroom in a worry to not be late.

They all took their seats and settled down. Tyler and Theo were talking, confusing both Caroline and Allison. The sisters took a seat next to eachother whilst observing their brothers actions. The newly turned hybrids and their brother weren't friends so how come they were talking?

Alaric picked up his chalk and dragged it along the board, writing down the title. Elena, who was next to Caroline, smiled at the Forbes girl. They smiled back. The tension rose when Stefan entered the room, his eyes cold.

The seat next to Elena was occupied by Robert. Stefan stalked over to him, "You're in my seat." Robert stood up and grabbed his things without hesitation. The vampire slapped his back as he left. He smiled at Elena as he sat down, "Hey, you."

The class finally fell silent and Alaric gave his attention to the class of chatty teenagers, "Welcome back, seniors. Let's uh, turn our brains back on, starting with this country's original founders."

Allison kicked Caroline slightly to grab her attention, "Hey, what's Theo doing with Tyler?" She whispered, eyeing her brother and sisters boyfriend tlaking quietly.

"How am I supposed to know?" Caroline responded.

"Oh, I don't know, he's only your boyfriend." Allison sarcastically said as Caroline rolled her eyes at her. Their attention went back to the teacher. Allison was still unsure of why her brother and Tyler were speaking though.

Alaric finished his sentence, " The native Americans."

Everyone's heads snapped to the voice coming through the door, "What about the vikings?" Rebekah walked in with her head held high. Tyler's eyes widened and Theo hit his shoulder for answers.

"There's no evidence that viking explorers actually settled in the United States." Alaric answered her question. Stefan sighed, Elena's jaw dropped and Caroline scoffed. Allison was staring into space whilst chewing on her pen.

Rebekah took a seat in front of Allison, making her groan, "You have got to be kidding me." The Enchantress whispered to Elena and Caroline.