*OTHER SOON-TO-BE RELEASED*

A TEASER FOR N. M. MITCHEL'S UPCOMING BOOK

CODY BRYAN EVERETT

I'm back in Wealston.

I will spend the rest of the summer, back in the town I grew up, with all my old buddies from high school and new adventures ahead. Though, it is the same town I left a brunette, tanned girl with green eyes, that was hopelessly in love with me.

But this time things have changed, especially her.

Darcy isn't this cute girl from across the street anymore. Her black dyed hair and pale white skin with pierce green eyes, overshadow the past. As soon as I see her, I know what she pretends to be.

A rebel.

DARCY LEIGH LYNN

It is my last summer of freedom, until my parents ship me off to Harvard to study law. This will be the summer of my dreams, nobody and nothing will stop me.

Only my first and only love, that decided to spend my last summer over at our house.

He is back.

In my town.

In the summer where the past is prologue.

DARCY LEIGH LYNN

„Maybe you just could be a bit more thankful for all the opportunities that we are giving you".

„And perhaps you could for once be not egoistic and think about what I truly want!". I yell and slam my door shut, I am sure the whole staff around the house heard my mom and me yelling at each other for the past twenty minutes. With a sigh, I drop on my bed and burry my angry heated face into the pillow. I fucking hate that bullshit. Everyone kisses everyone's asses just for the reputation's sake. After five minutes, I hear footsteps coming towards my room and shortly afterwards a knock appears on my door.

I let my frustrated groan hear the other person, before I say come in. Dad opens the door and leans against the frame with his arms crossed. He once had more color in his hair, now it is just a sad silver gray in between some white strands. I look at him bored. "What?". We never had a real father daughter relationship, I always say it is my sisters fault.

Taylor and Dad always had something in common, whether it was marketing wisdom or CEO character.

He shrugs to my surprise, he always had a solution or saying for everything. "I just want to know what happened to my little girl?". He says softly and where I once always had a comfort feeling about his voice, is now a whole lot of nothing. "You know, people change, sometimes for the better, but in most cases for the worse". I state unblinkingly. Dads shoulders drop and for a second he looks so defeated by his own kind.

"I came here to talk to you". He closes the door and takes a seat on the bed next to my legs. "Your mother and I, we only want the best for you. And I know this is the last real summer before you'll go to college and—".

"I won't go to college dad". I don't look at him, he doesn't even know what I want for my future. He and mom never look over the plate, they only see Harvard as the possible best way to reach wealth and success. And where it might be the best one to some people, I am not one of them.