Chapter nine: Mistake

After I left the house yesterday night, I drove up to mine and took some of my suitcases with me.

Me and Theresia had a mini dinner and shortly after, I found my husband passed out from his stupidity. It was my chance to teach him a lesson to never touch me again.

I'm not scared of him, I used to as a little child, but that's over with. Why would I be then the most haunted and successful assassin throughout Italy?

Speaking of my job, I had to get myself ready and meet with my sister at the warehouse. It was quiet a drive until there, so I threw on my latex uniform and my holder with my sharpest gun.

I put jelly in my blond hair and pulled it into a tight lower bun.

This job isn't made for girls who like to wear thick make up, sometimes I have to do everything to catch my victims, this also includes stab them brutally and have your face covered in blood.

I brushed my teeth, applied some mascara, a lip balm and a glowing baby cream.

I smacked my lips together, grabbed my coffee and head off.

***

I put on my ear mic and stalked into the warehouse. I felt extra today, that's why I decided to go with some black shiny boots.

"There you are". Theresia sits on the chair behind the large table.

"I thought your lovely husband already locked you up". I raise an eyebrow.

"You know me, if that would be the case, I'm sure he wouldn't be living by now". She laughs and stands up.

"Why so dressed up today, sister?". I ask and cross my arms.

She flips her hair off of her shoulder and approaches me with a devilish grin.

"I had some business to do before our meeting".

"Aha, does this business also include ‚get laid by Tyler'?". I see her blushing and grin.

"Drop it, we actually have something to do". We circle together the table, where she already had laid out some of the victims pictures and other informations.

I place my hands onto the edge of the table and bend forward.

"Who is that?".

Theresia looks up. "Nobody but, Sal Vitale".

"Wait, the one who just opened up a bordell?". I have heard from him a while ago and now he's pretty known as dealing with innocent girls, even minors.

"Exactly and I want him dead. Well at first, I need him alive, that would be your part". I lean back.

"But why do you care about him, I mean you have your own company, what has someone like him, to do with you?".

My sister sighs and walks to the white board. She flips it upside down and on it appears a photo of a women.

"Camilla Ermanno".

A women with green eyes and long black hair smiles into the camera. She wears—what I can suspect—the uniform everyone wears in Theresias company. A blue long sleeved shirt with a matching blazer over it.

"Camilla Ermanno, born on the fourth of January 1995 in Italy, disappeared two days before today. Nobody has heard from her, nobody knows anything. Apparently she moved away when she turned sixteen, that's why she had barely contact to any of her family".

I nod.

"But". Theresia says.

"Of course I care about my workers and I found out, that she has been harassed for some time now by Sal Vitale. God knows how she even got introduced to him, but anyways, my suspicion is that he kidnaps young beautiful women and sells them to his clients at his new Bordell".

"And you want me to deliver him to you".

"Alive". She notes.

"Ok give me some more background information about him".

The next thirty minutes, Theresia discusses with me the plan that she already had made, Tyler should be the one helping me, along with some of my men.

***

"You won't destroy my empire with your filthy hands, Ripper!". Sal grits out, he's tight up on a chair in one of my private club houses.

"Ripper". I smile and follow the lethal blade along with my index finger.

"It's been a long time, since somebody had mentioned that name". I circle him like a lion watching his prey.

He snorts and throws his head in my direction. "Isn't that how everyone should call you?". I shrug.

"Well, I mean, my methods haven't changed throughout the years, but still, some people prefer to call me after my real name".

He snickers to himself.

"You mean the name you had to give up for your fathers sake?". I bite my teeth together and kick him onto the ground. He spit out that word, like it's venom in his mouth.

He grunts as his arms were trapped behind him. I bend over him, one foot on his chair. My face hovers above his.

"Don't waste your last words on something so irrelevant". I spit out and drag him again in a normal position.

"Really, it was a peace of cake, to find your pathetic ass. I first came to your house". I explain and grab a chair and sit on it the other way round.

"Your lovely wife opened up, it's a shame how you leave your loved ones so unprotected". I snort and continue.

"Meanwhile, my team already drove up to your Bordell, they inspected everything and we made a plan. They broke down your walls, while I was sitting comfortable in your kitchen with your wife, drinking a cup of tea. Of course I pointed the gun at her under the table, I had to act like we were completely familiar to each other. Just two friends sitting and talking about life. So sad that I couldn't kill someone today, I'm sure it would've made everything so much more entertaining". My belly turns over.

I fucking hate to pull up this act every time, masking my vulnerability and helplessness.

I laugh and clean my fingers.

"Where is my wife?". He clenches his jaw and shoots me death stare.

"Oh, I don't know, at least I think I know where she is".

"Don't you dare touch her if-".

"Ah". I hold up my finger to shut him up. "At first, I want to know where Camilla Ermanno is and all the other women you have used for your disgusting business". I crunch my nose up in disgust.

He grins at me wickedly, his teeth covered in blood.

"You'll never find them". Seconds pass before a loud thud erupts the whole estate. In that moment something explodes outside and a big shock wave pulls me to the ground. My teeth knock into the concrete and I groan, I hear Sal's chair squeak backwards, far out of my reach and sight,

Everything goes red, fire has moved up it's way towards us. Heavy air circles around and makes me go nauseous. My eye lids are getting heavier as I see only black smoke in front of me. With my fingers I try to scramble to Sal, but then my consciousness flares.