Chapter twenty-five: Help Me

After Giovanni had left, to God knows where, I made myself a bubble bath. I rarely go into the bathtub, but since I own one, I thought it's appropriate. I lunge for the numbing creme that's secured in one of the many boxes in the kitchen. My skin got a little bit burned after I teased Giovanni in the shower, the water was way too hot for my wounded skin.

I leave my clothes on the marble floor and step into the already bubbly water. It smells like metal and red. If you know what I mean. I personally prefer this scent over flowery scents, I just get headaches.

The cream helped me to cool down my skin a bit. On the side of that monstrous bathtub, I placed some of my favorite fruits. Oranges and grapes, well mostly oranges. I've cut them into tiny little peace's and put some honey on top of them. Like I said, I love it sweeter than sweet.

My olive skin shines in the dim light of the candles, that I lit before filling the tub. Suddenly I hear someone running, more like approaching the house. I stop in chewing and listen carefully. „What the fuck is that?". I mumble, while stepping out and dressing myself in one of my black satin ropes. Luckily a dagger was still in the living room, so I grabbed it and approach the front door.

Carefully and smooth like a cat, I peek through the hole and make out a black haired women running already away. I throw open the door and stop in my tracks. The mysterious women isn't in sight anymore, but for that a white envelope.

I squat down and snatch it from the ground. Again, I look around but there isn't a single soul.

I lock the door three times and close every window downstairs, before I go into the kitchen to rip the letter open. An open whine bottle and an empty glass, stands right beside me as I narrow my eyes together.

„Where do you come from". On the envelope itself, wasn't any signs of whom it could belong. So I go for the easier way. With my long nails I rip it open and a letter folds open.

Caroline,

hOverlue eIn lQuarto p'A mGang eSnakes

That's it. The black ink almost pokes through the paper. It's clear like dawn, clever but at the same time easy.