Chapter 26 - It's over, Ye Yao sees the girl of his choice!

Ye Yao's refusal was so crisp that Lu Xun was frozen in place for a moment.

The hand on his shoulder was still stopping him hard, Ye Yao really didn't want him to go up there, not joking.

Lu Xun took a few deep breaths and lifted the curtain of the bed to see Ye Yao propped up on the bed.

Ye Yao wore a beige pyjama top, a colour that dispelled much of his cooler aura and made him look warm and inviting.

The barrier between them disappears, and Ye Yao's eyes meet Lu Xun's without a blink.

When Ye Yao is assertive, Lu Xun basically won't confront him to avoid making Ye Yao even more angry, and that's what happened this time.

Lu Xun took the lead in softening his gaze and said softly, "What's wrong, you're in a bad mood?"

"There is no mood." Ye Yao said.

Lu Xun poked his head into the curtain of the bed and put one hand on the back of Ye Yao's hand holding his shoulder down: "Then why don't you let me go up there?"

Ye Yao didn't say anything for a while, he looked at Lu Xun with a slightly meaningful gaze.

"It's not like it used to be, Lu Xun." Ye Yao said slowly.

The pressure on Ye Yao's hand suddenly intensifies, and Ye Yao frowns, while Lu Xun, who has regained his composure, hastens to lighten it again.

Lu Xun's mouth curled up in a stiff smile with a vague air of fury: "Why is it no longer like before? What could be done before can't be done now, the relationship is backwards, huh?"

Lu Xun speaks faster and faster as he gets to the end, especially in the words "relationship backwards", as if they were a blazing fire that could burn his tongue.

If Ye Yao nods, he doesn't even know what he'll do.

Ye Yao was not at all intimidated as he continued slowly, "This is a single bed."

Lu Xun quickly picks up, "It used to be a single bed too."

"Yeah, but there weren't as many classes as there are now, and it used to be okay to sleep almost at night, so I could rest and slow down when I didn't have classes. Now there are too many classes and I need to have enough energy to get a good night's sleep." Ye Yao replied.

Lu Xun was stunned: "Did you have trouble sleeping with me before ......?"

Ye Yao actually slept okay, but he couldn't tell the truth now, so he pretended to be dissatisfied and said, "Do you think two people can sleep well in a single bed? Study is the priority, each sleeps in their own bed this term."

Lu Xun has a tough attitude when dealing with most people and will not stop until he gets what he wants. Some people used to joke that Lu Xun was the kind of bully who would force himself on someone when he took a fancy to them and would force them to do so even if they didn't want to.

But when you actually care about someone, how can you not care about their feelings?

Lu Xun looks at Ye Yao for a moment in silence and slowly backs away.

He landed sullenly and returned to his bunk.

Ye Yao watches as Lu Xun climbs into his own bed, expressionlessly shakes out the covers and places the pillow on his side of the bed with his head on it.

"Why didn't you tell me before?" Lu Xun muffled, "I wanted my head on one side with you."

"Yeah." Ye Yao reached out and patted Lu Xun on the shoulder, "Good night and sweet dreams."