Chapter 4 - The Bathhouse

After class, Ye Yao returned to the dormitory to do his homework when Xiao Pang, lying on his bed, slapped his thighs together with a loud snap.

Xiao Pang poked his head out of bed and excitedly shared the gossip he had just learned: "Damn, there are two guys over at the mechanical school who got caught whoring around and now they're going to be expelled! All the campus groups are going crazy!"

"There's still such a thing?" Wen Ke, who was swiping a short video on the other side of the room, perked up and opened the blocked campus group, "It's true, the announcement was sent out. Tsk, tsk, tsk, they know the law, they deserve it! They've disgraced their family, haven't they?"

Ye Yao twirled his pen, and instead of pulling out his phone to watch the action, he continued to look at the book on his desk. Usually, his attention is not distracted when he studies, unless ......

Out of the corner of his eye, Ye Yao sees a crack in the bathroom door, a white mist pouring out of it, and Lu Xun's voice appearing.

"Help me with my clothes, I forgot to take them." Lu Xun shouted from the bathroom.

Although not specified, everyone else in the hostel knew who Lu Xun was shouting at.

Ye Yao put down his pen, got up and opened Lu Xun's wardrobe, grabbed the whole set of clothes and underwear without changing his face, and headed for the bathroom.

The bathroom door remained open a small crack, seemingly reserved for him to pass his clothes.

A steady stream of hot air rises from the bathroom, a door away from Lu Xun.

The heat hit Ye Yao's face and tinged his face with a little bit of heat. Ye Yao turned his head to the other side to make sure he didn't see anything he wasn't supposed to, and said to Lu Xun, "Here are your clothes, take them."

The clothes on his hands were light and Ye Yao was about to pull his hand back when the next second a large, wet, burning hand took his whole hand in its grip.

"Why are you in such a hurry to leave?" Lu Xun said with a smile in his voice, "A thousand miles to send clothes, a gift is light, I have to give you a back rub to thank you?"

"No, I have my own hands." Ye Yao refused without hesitation and was about to pull his hand out.

But Lu Xun's strength was greater than he expected, and between the tugs and pulls, Ye Yao not only failed to pull his hand back, but allowed the bathroom door, which had been left open, to open from the inside -

The vapour pours in, and with it, the Lu Xun that Ye Yao had been avoiding seeing.

Ye Yao doesn't know how he looks. He seems to have met Lu Xun's eyes, but he doesn't. It's as if he's hallucinating.

In a flash of lightning, Ye Yao drew back his hand, while his other hand snapped the door shut, keeping everything behind it.

Heart beating like a drum, Ye Yao clenched his fist with a calm expression.

No good, he's reacting too much.

Will Lu Xun find something?

As he pondered this, the closed bathroom door was opened again through a small gap and Lu Xun stuck his head out.

The schoolboy, who was handsome even when his hair was wet and messy and without any style to speak of, said to Ye Yao with a smile in his dark, deep eyes, " Ye Yao, why are you still so shy after all these years?"

Very well, Lu Xun found nothing.

"Cut the crap and get dressed." Ye Yao turned around with his face as normal, "Don't be a hooligan in broad daylight, let's go."