Chapter 2 - Being Single Together

Ye Yao opened his eyes in the morning and the first thing that caught his eye was a familiar handsome face.

Lu Xun had woken up early and was looking at him steadily, his eyes deep.

"What are you looking at," Ye Yao pushed the man away from his, calming his heart which had started beating wildly early in the morning, "It's weirdly scary, what horror movie did you learn to wake up from?"

Lu Xun raised his lips in a smile, "I feel like your eyelashes are 0.02mm longer than they were in high school."

"......" Ye Yao straightened up and kicked Lu Xun, who was still lying in bed, "Stop talking nonsense, I have to go to class, shrink your legs and let me out of bed."

Lu Xun hooked Ye Yao's ankle with his foot: "What's there to hurry?

*

Ye Yao and Lu Xun did not study the same subject, Ye Yao studied law and Lu Xun studied finance.

Ye Yao didn't know how Lu Xun operated, but the finance man had been living in their law dorm since they started their freshman year, and they always sew each other after they went to university.

Ye Yao walked into the classroom ten minutes before class, followed by Lu Xun.

Ye Yao heard the girl in the front row teasing him with a smile: "Ye Yao, did you bring your family to the class again?"

"Yes," said the 'family' before Ye Yao could say anything on the subject of Ye Yao, "we're always together, it's hard to be separated."

Ye Yao lookd at Lu Xun, who smiled and shut up, leaning over the desk to watch Ye Yao prep for the next lesson.

Although Lu Xun was not a member of the class, Ye Yao's entire class had become accustomed to his presence and spectatorship.

Whenever the finance department had no class and the law department had, Lu Xun, the campus hero, would always be there to accompany Ye Yao in class.

The bell rang and the classroom fell silent as the sound of the old teacher's lecture blended with the sound of flipping books and notes.

Ye Yao always took his studies seriously, but even so, it's hard to concentrate when the person next to him was lying on the table, staring at him and doing nothing else.

Not to mention the fact that the person was his crush.

Ye Yao put out a hand to cover Lu Xun's eyes and said in a lowered voice, "Don't look at anything, just listen to the lesson."

Lu Xun took Ye Yao's hand that was covering his eyes and put Ye Yao's hand on his lap before withdrawing his gaze.

The bell rang and Lu Xun, who had a class next period, stood up.

"I'm leaving, don't sneak around and meet girls who like you while I'm away, at least wait until I'm there." Lu Xun said.

Ye Yao waved Lu Xun to get lost and looked up before Lu Xun's figure disappeared through the doorway.

....If Lu Xun knew who he liked, he would certainly not be bugging him like that again.

Ye Yao smiled to himself, if only he really liked girls, he wouldn't have to be in constant fear of his true feelings being discovered, as he was now.

*

At the end of the day, Lu Xun went to the basketball court instead of Ye Yao's law faculty building.

There was a basketball match between the faculties and today it was Finance versus Law. Lu Xun and Ye Yao were both on the basketball team, so Lu Xun just needed to wait on the court.