Chapter 25 - Go back to your own bed

Start from the beginning

Ye Yao wants to give him a face-to-face kiss and he's already happy before he even starts to get it.

Lu Xun's face is pinched and Ye Yao stops a palm's length away from him.

Ye Yao let out a laugh, "Nice try, I'm not going to kiss, you don't get a reward."

He let go of Lu Xun's face and straightened up again, putting distance between them.

That's it, those interactions he won't be doing again.

He will try to be Lu Xun's normal, ordinary best friend.

Ye Yao snapped off the lights in the room, once again subduing the restless Lu Xun with threats, and lay down on the bed and closed his eyes.

*

School will start soon after Ye Yao's birthday.

They bought tickets to go back to school and boarded the plane together.

As Ye Yao had expected, Lu Xun had no memory of the drunken night and Lu Xun's attitude towards him was back to normal.

"So do you remember me confessing to you?" Ye Yao asked during the queue for boarding.

Lu Xun: "...... no."

"Unfortunately, I feel like that dare joke went too far and should make you quite uncomfortable, it would be nice if you could forget about it." Ye Yao sighed, "Don't take it personally."

Lu Xun's grip on the handle of his suitcase tightened as he tried to say something, but in the end he said nothing.

Ye Yao was right, that dare did make him uncomfortable and that's why he sulked and drank so much.

The shock of hearing Ye Yao's confession, and the panic of knowing it was just a dare, turned into a void of nothingness.

All the emotions came and went too quickly, leaving him with nothing but a very unhappy mood.

But of course, he could not blame Ye Yao. Ye Yao had done nothing wrong, so why should he lose his temper with Ye Yao?

Even if Ye Yao did something wrong, you should not lose your temper towards Ye Yao.

No, how could Ye Yao do it wrong?

Lu Xun straightened out his logic and said graciously, "It's not on your mind, and you shouldn't keep thinking about it."

The two of them boarded the plane without incident, and naturally they were seated next to each other, Ye Yao at the window on the inside and Lu Xun near the corridor.

He tried to talk to Ye Yao again, but Ye Yao pulled a black eye patch out of the bag he was carrying.

"I didn't sleep well last night, I'll catch up on my sleep." Ye Yao said, "You can either, I have other eye masks here."

Lu Xun keeps the desire to communicate under control as he shakes his head and takes the opportunity to sell himself, "You can lean on my shoulder if you want to sleep, otherwise it's easy to sleep uncomfortably here."

Ye Yao looks at him and pulls another U-shaped pillow out of his bag and puts it around his neck.

"No, it's too hard for you, this is fine." Ye Yao pulled the blindfold down too, covering his eyes, "Then please call me when you want to get off the plane."

Before Lu Xun could even say anything about how bad the U-shaped pillow was, Ye Yao's head lolled back and he fell asleep.

Lu Xun kept the unspoken words to himself, shutting up and letting Ye Yao rest in peace, but still confused.