Chapter 23 - Confessions

Start from the beginning

*

The pink jumper is finally finished after Lu Xun has been working on it every night.

It is now two o'clock in the middle of the night, all is quiet and everyone has gone to bed, and Lu Xun lets out a long breath as he finishes his work.

He picked up the jumper and shook it out. It was made of the finest material, very soft and skin-friendly, so even if you wore it underneath, it wouldn't stick to your flesh, it would only be very warm and comfortable.

Instead of the usual deathly Barbie pink favoured by boys, Lu Xun opted for nude pink. He can imagine how white and soft Ye Yao must have looked in this jumper.

Satisfied with his jumper folded neatly, Lu Xun lies alone in his bed and starts to get a little excited.

For this gift, he could not sleep with Ye Yao for a long time, leaving Ye Yao alone and suffering.

Now that his work is finally done, it's time for him to sleep with Ye Yao again.

Ye Yao is probably asleep and he will move gently so as not to wake anyone up.

Lu Xun thought so and did so. He rolled out of bed and went straight to the next room. Then he twisted the doorknob several times, but could not unscrew it.

Ye Yao goes to bed at night and habitually unlocks the door.

The spare key is not in Lu Xun's hand and it is not a good idea to go looking for it in the middle of the night, possibly waking up the housekeeping staff who are already asleep.

Without hesitation, Lu Xun returned to his room and leapt from the balcony of his room to the balcony of Ye Yao's room.

He pushed open the floor-to-ceiling window of the balcony and dodged silently inside.

The room is quiet, Ye Yao Yao sunken into the soft, large bed, unable to see his form.

Lu Xun walks gingerly inside. He goes to the bed and looks at Ye Yao, who is sleeping, and lies down slowly, contentedly, before slowly lifting the corner of the quilt like a thief and slowly slipping inside.

Lu Xun did his best not to wake Ye Yao, but when he put his hand on Ye Yao's waist, Ye Yao stirred.

"Hmm?" Ye Yao uttered a small, sleepy sound, not awake by the sound of it.

Lu Xun was afraid of waking Ye Yao up completely, so he simply held his breath and did not speak.

He is like a silent statue, or like a man in a dream world, not speaking or moving, hidden in the darkness.

Ye Yao did not speak again and just when Lu Xun thought Ye Yao had fallen back to sleep, Ye Yao moved and his whole body came close.

It was very close, the tip of Ye Yao's upturned nose almost resting on Lu Xun's cheek, undulating with his breath, his soft lips brushing against Lu Xun's ear.

Almost instantly, half of Lu Xun's body went numb, as if an electric current had run through it.

It's not that they've never been this close together when they've slept together, but it was Lu Xun who initiated the approach.

This is the first time that Ye Yao has approached on his own initiative.

Ye Yao is drowsy.

The answer seemed obvious, and Lu Xun licked his lips slowly and turned his head sideways, opposite Ye Yao.

The tips of their noses touched, the air mingled between their breaths, and the two were so close that they were close to becoming one.

For Lu Xun this was a position he had not experienced before, and the experience not only did not repel him in the slightest, but made him shiver with excitement.