𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦-𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡 | 𝐸𝑝𝑖𝑙𝑜𝑔

NINE YEARS LATERAURORA Saturday, 23rd April~ Light by Sleeping at Last

NINE YEARS LATER
AURORA
Saturday, 23rd April
~ Light by Sleeping at Last

"Good afternoon, Doctor Mitchell." Katharina, the assistant doctor who was assigned to me, greeted me. "So, what do we need to do?" she gave me the file. "Mr. Norman Jensen. Brain tumor on the left side of the brain. So far he's gotten rejections everywhere because everyone thinks it's impossible, he and his wife think you can do it."

"Nothing is impossible." I told her and went into the patient's room, "Hello, Mr. Jensen. I heard you are hoping for a miracle?" I smiled at him. "Hello, Doctor Mitchell. Yes, we hope, you can help us. I have a tumor, no doctor wants to operate on it because it's too risky..." I kept listening to Mr. Jensen while looking at his Sonographic image, and it's really a bad tumor.

It's diffuse and would take more than a 24-hour operation. Add to that the high rate of a 50% chance that he survives. I don't wonder why he was rejected. But it's not impossible to operate on him, you just have to dare and be good. "Mister Jensen, how much do you want it to go away?"

"I want it with my life." I walk to him to shine the lamp through his eyes to see his reaction. He has a good chance, but not so much that it makes the 50% smaller.

"I would do the surgery, but before I do it, you need to know what to expect. The chance of you surviving is 50% and the surgery could take more than 24 hours, nothing to settle with the side effects..." I was cut off. "I'll do it."

"But Norman." the wife contradicted. "Hayley, I want to spend more years with you until the end of my life. I trust Doctor Mitchell, she can do it, right?" he looked at me. I am admittedly very well known. "I can only give you sir the 50%, but I will of course do my best to practice in the OR. Just think about it."

"No, I'll do it," said Mr. Jensen. I repeated everything again so that he would know what he was getting himself into, but he agreed anyway. "Well then, you'll be operated tomorrow." he nodded his thanks, and we walked out.

"Wrote Mister Jensen on the blackboard for tomorrow morning and say it to Doctor Berry. I'm going home now." She nodded and wished me a nice day. I immediately made my way to the changing rooms. I took off my coat and shoes and then changed my clothes. I cleaned everything in my closet as someone came in.

"Aurora Mitchell, you witch just have an operation like this and won't call me right away?" I pulled my shirt off and looked at Leonie, the senior plastic doctor at the hospital and also one of my good friends.

"I swear you're the first who knows about it." I smiled, putting on my sweater. "You're about to get into the history of surgery." "I hope so." I took my necklace out of my jacket and put it on.

"And you still haven't told me what the chain stands for." She pointed as I put my jacket on and pulled my hair out.

"I got them from my first love since high school." I took the shoes out and put them on. "Since high school? That's been 9 years." I know that myself. "Yes, I am aware, see you then." "Sleep well. Tomorrow is a big day." I nodded and said goodbye to Leonie as I padded out of the hospital to my car.