𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦-𝑜𝑛𝑒 | 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑠𝑜 𝑓𝑢𝑐𝑘𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑠𝑒𝑙𝑓𝑖𝑠ℎ

150k readers??? That's insane

150k readers??? That's insane. Many thanks to everyone.

AURORA
Friday, 11th Match
~Je te laisserai des mots by Patrick Watson

"Yes, only this day, and unfortunately it's over," I said sadly when I wrote down the values ​​from Doris that Araya ordered me. "It's also my last day, but I seem to be happy." I laughed at Doris's statement.

"Spending a week in the hospital isn't great either," I admitted, alluding to the hospital bed, not the medicine, of course.

"I was afraid it was something serious. My daughter even wanted to come here, she lives in Hawaii. But I made it clear to her that she doesn't have to come. Fortunately, everything is okay." "Yes." I'm still writing down the last things when I told Doris that I'll be right back.

I walked out the door to the reception in front of the room. "Could you give that to Doctor Jovanovic? This is Doris Oldman's file." She accepted it and nodded with a smile. "And one more question..." but before I could ask it, a device started beeping.

I immediately ran into Doris's room. She had a seizure in bed. I ran to her. Pressed the red button on top to trigger an emergency and tried to hold her. "Doris!" I held her tight as many other people stormed in.

When Araya came, she stopped. "What happened?" she immediately grabbed her stethoscope and listened to her heart. "I wrote down the values, everything was okay, and then when I went out for a moment she had a seizure."

I explained quickly. When the device next to me started not receiving a heartbeat. "Damn it. We're getting Ms. Oldman to an operating room right now, it's serious." Araya began to give her a cardiac massage.

"Araya her family, her daughter. They have to know." I ran after the bed and called it loudly. "Inform them, I don't know if she has a long time." I stop.

Doris will die? Tears want to come to my eyes, but I block them. "What happened?" Ares came running. "Doris had a seizure. They don't know if she'll make it." Ares gasped.

He was about to hug me, but I blocked him. "I have to let the family know. Her daughter. She lives in Hawaii, how will she make it?"

"She will definitely be." "And her parents? They're probably worried." Ares put a hand on my shoulder. "Call her daughter. Her parents too, it's going to be alright really." Where does he want to know that? How does he know it's going to be alright?

When my father was on the bridge and people were still trying to save him, they said everything will be fine, and where is he now? "Yes, I'll call them." I nodded slightly. "Hey." he put his index finger and thumb under my chin, then he lifted my head to look at him.

"Everything will be okay." I nodded again. I hope he's right. I hope and stuck to the sentence so much.

---

*
"She's stable. But her heart is beating very slowly, and she is also weak." Mr. Davis informed me when he came out of Doris's room, where I and Ares were waiting in front.

"Do you know what it can be?" Ares asked. "Inflammation of the meninges, stroke, or tumor," I replied, then looked at Mr. Davis. "But the MRT didn't show a tumor. None were seen." "We're finding out now. There's a lot of stuff that gives us more clarity, but if it's cancer, then it was so small we didn't see it. Either way, we're going to have to find out, or we'll find out when the woman in there wouldn't survive the night."

He went to the front desk and said that they should get an MRT and the neuro doctor. Without saying anything, I walk away to keep myself busy, to deal with it differently.

I went to the other patients and checked on them if everything was okay. But my whole thought is of Doris. Of course, I didn't know her, or I knew her rather little, but she was the dearest person I've ever met.

She was personable and tender from the start. Her stories from her childhood when she moved out were always so exciting. It was as if I had been there and witnessed everything.

I could hear it many more times and I want that too. She can't die, can she? Why does the dead take people who deserve to live out of the world so quickly? You've never done anything. They are there and take care of their loved ones, and let you decide that the good souls are going.

---

I was just walking back to Doris's room when Ares came toward me. "What's wrong?" "She didn't make it." my eyes widen, I ran to the room where Doris was lying, and no heartbeat was found, causing the EKG machine to beep.

I opened my mouth and wanted to go to her, but I was bumped into from the side as the daughter ran in. "Mom?" "We're sorry," said Mr. Davis. The daughter cried as hard as I did that day.

She cried like it was the end of her life as hers, live forever over. It is. She will change, she won't be what she used to be.

She will become stronger and understand how much she loved her parents. She becomes a strong woman even more than she already is. I felt the tears, I quickly ran out of the room to the restroom.

I ran circles, rounds, back and forth. I couldn't hold it like my heart was being ripped out. It hurts like hell. "Aurora."

"You said everything would be fine." I looked at Ares. "I believed you. I trusted you. Because I wanted it." He gave me hope where there was no hope. I shouldn't lie to myself Doris would have died.

"I know you hate it when I apologize. But I'm..." "Don't say that."

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry, Aurora. If I could do anything to keep you from crying, I would. I wanted to give you hope because I always saw hope in you and I didn't want to take what you have." "That's so fucking selfish."

"I'm a selfish person, I'll stay selfish as long as it makes you feel better." I cried and walk to Ares to hug him. Just like on thanksgiving. "I hate you."

"I know."