𝑠𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑒𝑛 | 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡'𝑠 𝑛𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑎𝑖𝑟

AURORAMonday, 26th September

AURORA
Monday, 26th September

I was on my way to my next lesson. Sport. But I already thought of something, I just wrapped a bandage around my leg that my mother brought from her work.

Dylan is not by my side because of the sports festival. Five students are selected from each class and are played against other 10-graders.

I will not report. One hundred percent, not. Nobody can get me to take part in this festival, I would even voluntarily take lessons instead of torturing myself to do sport.

So I went to the school nurse, who examined it for me. I lied, of course, when she felt my ankle. I said I had pain there. She believes me quite often for the fact that I come almost every week.

But she also knows that I'm clumsy. So, with the bandage on my ankle, I walk to Mr. Kalvis, who has already seen me. He hates me for sure. "Mitchell..." "Yeah, I know. But it's not my fault. I'm clumsy, you know."

He looks at me with a very impressive face. He does not believe me. "Last year you have only been four months in sport" "I know. I failed."

"Because I couldn't grade you, the only grades I had were D's." He shrugged. Actually, Mr. Kalvis is a nice person. He understands me, and he also knows that I don't like sports.

Again, it means he knows damn well that I could fake it. "Go sit down." I nodded. I was walking towards the grandstand with a smile when my name was called by Mr. Kalvis.

I turned and saw a ball flying towards me. I caught him and foolishly, to keep from falling, I prop myself up with the foot I labeled "injured".

"You're going to fail this year too if you keep lying." Mr. Kalvis came up to me, who threw the ball. He was testing me. "Get dressed, Mitchell." I rolled my eyes in annoyance and handed him the ball back to go change.

I really don't want to do any sport, I'd rather fail. Ok, no, better not. But I could do a project to improve my grade, but run?

"Didn't work?" Kirian came to meet me. He had styled his hair slightly back and was wearing shorts. Isn't the guy cold? "No, unfortunately not. I have to change now."

"You still don't like sports as much as you used to." "Sometimes people never change." He smiles and tells me that he is waiting for me on the field, I nod.

Today would be the perfect day not to run. Dylan has to prepare for the sports festival, so he wouldn't say anything, but Mr. Kalvis had to get permission to test me. Who does this?

I tried not to get too upset about it because I knew that there was no way around it. So I walk into the changing room, changed into a sweater and sweatpants, strolled out to Kirian, and we started running.

"Why don't you do any sports with the school team?" I asked him when I was already getting a stitch in my side.

"I guess I don't want to. Maybe someday, but running is more fun." Is he stupid? "Running? Running is murder." "You're just unsportsmanlike. Maybe we should go running together."