𝑛𝑖𝑛𝑒𝑡𝑦 | 𝐷𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑤𝑎𝑛𝑡 ℎ𝑒𝑟 𝑏𝑎𝑐𝑘?

MASON~Lonely by Noah Cyrus

MASON
~Lonely by Noah Cyrus

"Try to call him again," Zeth told me for the fifth time, which I did. Each time of the four calls to Ares, he didn't answer. Only the mailbox.

"I tried." Just like Zeth. He's been absent from the band's rehearsals for weeks. "Let go get him." "I've been in his apartment, no one's home." It's like Ares disappearing off this planet after school.

I just got a call from an unknown number that I didn't recognize. It's not Ares. "Yes?" "Hello, this is the bar, Kyle Jay. Your friend looks pretty bad. He insisted I call you instead of someone else, can you pick him up?" I rolled my eyes. "Yeah sure. Thank you."

I hung up and looked at Zeth. "That bastard gets drunk all the damn time. While Aurora cries. Does he even care what he did to her?" I got mad.

It is enough for me. He broke up with her. He has already prepared everything we talked about.

I grabbed my jacket and walk out of the studio where we were playing. "Zeth looks after Aurora, I go to Ares."

---

*
I walk into the bar where Ares was. Angry and bolting fists, I ran up to him while he was making out with some girl.

His hands-on her ass. She leaned all the way in front of him as he leaned against the counter. This dumb Fucker I call a friend disgusts me. I don't know him like that. Not at all.

I grabbed the girl and pulled them apart, took Ares by the collar, and beat him in the face so hard he fell to the floor. He deserves this. The girl was shocked.

She gasped in panic, but I ignored that.

I knelt to Ares, grabbed his collar, and forced him up, so he was looking at me. "You bastard breaks her heart. After everything you've been through together, and now you're getting drunk at a bar every day? Are you even fucking care? Do you ever care about her, her feeling?"

He looks at me, "What do you want to hear from me?" he snapped at me. "Why? Why did you leave her? What drove you to do it after you had everything ready to finally ask her?"

"I don't care about her." "Oh yeah? Then why did you do it? Or why are you still wearing her fucking hair tie? A fucking piece of rubber with fabric? And this?" I took the necklace Ares made for Aurora out of my pocket.

"Where did you get it from?" he snatched the necklace out of my hand. "I was at your apartment because you didn't show up. I saw it on the table. Why are you acting like you don't care? You love her. You're just a dumb piece of shit, who thinks don't deserve to be loved. Stop pushing people away which shows your love."

"If I let myself care what I did, all I feel is pain." His brow furrows his bottom lip trembles. "I totally screwed up, Mason. She hates me." He lost a tear.

Ares has only himself to blame for what he did to her. He humiliated her, the person the probably loves the most.

"Do you want her back?" he looks at me without saying a word. "I fucking asked, do you want her back." he nodded slightly. "I am dumb. I want this girl back, she's what makes me happy. Mason, I want her back."

I let him go. "Then do something about it."