Chapter 30

Your Pov:

We enter a dark room, with broken pieces all around it. "I don't like this. I don't like this at all." Hermione says. "Who would?" I ask. "Where are we? A graveyard?" Harry asks.

"This is no graveyard. It's a chessboard." Ron says. We walk out onto the marble board and flames light, illuminating the board and giant players. Harry, Hermione and I come up with him.

"There's the door." Harry says. We walk across the board, towards the door. Suddenly, as we  reach a line of pawns, the pawns bring up their swords. Causing us four to jump and back up.

"Now what do we do?" I ask. "It's obvious, isn't it? We've got to play our way across the room. All right. Harry, you take the Bishop's square. Hermione, you'll be the Queen's side castle. Y/n you be a kings side castle. As for me, I'll be a knight. We all take our places.

"What happens now?" Hermione asks. "Well, white moves first, and then...we play." He says, getting on the horse. A pawn on the other side moves forward. Ron studies the game.

"Ron, you don't suppose this is going to be like...real wizard's chess, do you?" I ask.

"You there! D-5!" He yells. A black pawn moves forward, diagonal to the white pawn. The white pawn raises its swords and smashes the black one. Making all four of us jump. "Yes, Y/n I think this is going to be exactly like wizard's chess!" Ron says.

The game continues. Pieces smash each other,"Castle to E-4!" Ron yells. [
"Pawn to C-3!" The queen smashes it making me jump.

The Queen turns again. Both Ron and Harry and I study the game. "Wait a minute." I say. "You understand right, Y/n. Once I make my move, the Queen will take me...then you'll be free to check the King." He says.

"No, Ron! No!" Harry and I yell. "What is it?" Hermione asks. "He's going to sacrifice himself!" We yell. "No, Ron, you can't! There must be another way!" Hermione yells.

Ron turns to Hermione who is almost in tears. "Do you want to stop Snape or not? Y/n, Harry, it's you two that has to go on. I know it. Not me, not Hermione, you two. Harry and I nod our heads. "Knight...to H-3." Ron says.

Ron's horse moves forward, slides and stops. "Check." He says.

The Queen turns and advances. Ron breathes faster, clutching the steel reins. The Queen stops. And smasher the horse. Ron goes flying off the horse and lands on the floor, unconscious.

"Ahhhh!" He screams as he gets hit with a brick.

"Ron!" Harry and I yell. Hermione starts walking to him. "No Don't move! Dont forget, we're still playing." I tell her. Hermione moves back. And I walk the diagonal in front of the King. "Checkmate." I say. The Kings sword falls onto the ground victory. I breathe out and then the we all  run to Ron. We bend beside him. "Take care of Ron. Then, go to the owlery. Send a message to Dumbledore. Ron's right...we have to go on." Harry and I say.

"You'll be okay, Harry. You're a great wizard, and your a great witch Y/n, you really are." She smiles. "Not as good as you." We smile. "Me? Books and cleverness? There are more important things. Friendship, and bravery. And Y/n and Harry, just be careful." She says.

We nod and stand, and start walking away.