Chapter 21

Your Pov:

Halloween night, the great hall has floating Jack O'Lanterns in place of the candles. Harry notices an empty spot on the bench.

"Where's Hermione?" Harry asks. "Parvati Patil said that she wouldn't come out of the girl's bathroom. She said that she'd been in there all afternoon...crying." Nevillesays. I glare at Ron. "Why are you glaring at Mr. "Cause this is yoyr fault!" I yell. Harry glances at Ron with a disapproving look on his face. Ron shrugs. Suddenly, Professor Quirrell comes running into the Great Hall in panic. "Troll! In the dungeon! T-Troll in the dungeon!!" He screams Dumbledore rises from his seat in concern. Everyone look at Quirrell and he stops and there is utter silence. "Thought you ought to know." He passes out.

The room is silent, and then everyone freaks out, screaming and running. Silence!" He yells. Everyone stops and calms down. "Everyone will please, not panic. Now, Prefects will lead their houses back to the dormitories. Teachers will follow me to the dungeons. We separate themselves from the crowd. We run down corridors. "Wait guys stop!" I yell. "Why?" Ron ask. "Hermione! She doesn't know about the troll!" Harry and I yell.

We start running down a hall but  stop, because there is a grunting noise and a large shadow on the wall. "I think the troll's left the dungeon!" Ron says. "Oh no it's going into thebgirls laboratory!" Ron yells "C'mon!" I yell. We heard a scream. We ran in and saw Hermione on the ground "Hermione, move!" I yell. "Hey, pea brain!" Ron throws wood and hits the troll on the head. Hermione escapes from the stalls to under a sink, but the troll sees her and goes to smash her. It cracks the sink and barely misses Hermione. Harry cringes.

Harry and I get out our wands. We run forward and grab the troll's club, and are lifted up.

"Whoa!" we land on the troll's shoulders, and is hurled around, back and forth. And we fell forward and the troll caught us by out legs. "Do something!" We yell. "What?" Ron asks. "Anything!" We yell. Ron grabs his wand. Under the sink, Hermione waves her hand. "Swish and flick!" She yells. "Wingardium Leviosa!" He yells. Flick. The club is lifted out of the troll's hand and hovers above its head. The troll looks hat his hand and opens it, then looks up, confused, just as the club comes crashing back down. "Cool." We say standing up. It hits the troll's head that hard and the troll wavers, then slowly comes crashing down, knocked out. Hermione approaches carefully. Harry grabs his wand...which is covered in mucus. "Ugh! Troll bogies." I gag. "Oh! Oh, my goodness! E-Explain yourselves, the three of you!" McGonagall yells. "Well, what it is..." We all stutter. "It's my fault, Professor McGonagall." Hermione says. The teachers, Ron and Harry and I  look at her. "Miss Granger?" McGonagall says. "I went looking for the troll. I'd read about them and thought I could handle it. But I was wrong. If Y/n, Harry and Ron hadn't come and found me...I'd probably be dead." She says. I notices Snape's leg, which has the trousers' leg torn and a large cut on it. Snape notices and covers it up, glaring at me. "I would have expected more rational behavior on your part, Miss Granger. Five points will be taken from Gryffindor for your serious lack of judgment." She says. She turns to Harry and Ron and I. "As for you three I just hope you realize how fortunate you are. Not many students could take on a fully grown mountain troll and live to tell the tale. Five points...will be awarded to each of you." she says. Harry, Ron and I grin at each other "For sheer dumb luck." She says. Snape and McGonagall leave the bathroom. "Perhaps you ought to go...M-might wake up...heh." He stutters. Harry, Ron, Hermione and I exit the bathroom. Quirrell looks at the unconscious troll. The troll growls, seemingly going to wake up. "Ahh!" He yells.