Chapter 7

Your Pov:

Hagrid and Harry and I are walking down the streets of London and Harry and I were looking at our school supplies list.

"All students must be equipped with...one standard size two pewter cauldron and may bring if they desire either an owl, a cat or a toad." Harry and I say. "Hagrid, can we find all this in London?" I ask.

We walk towards a corner store and as we get closer, the sign above it has "The Leaky Cauldron" magically appearing. We enter the Leaky Cauldron. There was music and several patrons that are speaking to each other.

"Ah, Hagrid! The usual, I presume?" A man said. "No thanks, Tom. I'm on official Hogwarts business today. Just helping young Harry and Y/n here buy their school supplies." Hagrid tells him. "Bless my soul. It's Y/n and Harry Potter." Tom says with shock in his voice.

The pub immediately goes silent and everyone notices. A man comes up and shakes Harry's hand and mine.

Welcome back, Mr. And Mrs. Potter, welcome back.
A witch comes up and shakes Harry's hand and mine, as well.
"Doris Crockford, Mr. and Mrs. Potter. I can't believe I'm meeting you both at last."

A man in robes with a turban on his head appears. "Y/n and Harry P-potter. C-can't tell you how pleased I am to meet you." The man stutters. "Hello, Professor. I didn't see you there. Y/n, Harry, this is Professor Quirrell. He'll be your Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher at Hogwarts." Hagrid smiles. "Oh, nice to meet you." We smile and put our hands out to shake. But he looks at mine and Harry's head and hesitatingly refuses. "F-fearfully fascinating subject. N-not that you need it, e-eh, Potter's? Heheh." He stutters. "Yes, well, must be going now. Lots to buy. Heh." Hagrid chuckles. "Goodbye." We smile.

We leave into a back room winery in front of a brick wall. "See, Y/n, Harry, you're famous!" Hagrid smiles. "But why are we famous, Hagrid?" Harry asks. "All those people back there, how is it they know who we are?" I ask. "I'm not exactly sure I'm the right person to tell you that, Y/n, and Harry." He taps the brick wall in front of us clockwise with his umbrella. The blocks then magically shift and open up to reveal a hidden, busy street. "Welcome, Y/n and Harry, to Diagon Alley." Hagrid smiles.

Harry and I grin broadly as we step into the street and walk down it. "Here's where you'll get your quills and ink, and over there all your bits and bobs for doing your wizardry." Hagrid smiles.

Harry and I are amazed as we pass by shops and owls and bats. I look over to see some kids staring at two brooms in a broom store.

"It's a world class racing broom." One of them says. "Look at it, the new Nimbus 2000's! It's the fastest model yet." Another boy says.