Chapter 14

Your Pov:

McGonagall leads everyone through two large doors and into the Great Hall, where there are four long tables with thousands of students, as well as floating candles. The roof appears to be the sky.

"It's not real, the ceiling. It's just bewitched to look like the night sky. I read about it in Hogwarts: A History." Hermione tells me. "Wicked." I smile.

McGonagall leads the first-years to the front where the Sorting Hat lies on the stool.

"Will you wait along here, please? Now, before we begin, Professor Dumbledore would like to say a few words." She smiles.

An old man with a long white beard, with moon shaped glasses, named Dumbledore rises from the main table.

"I have a few start of term notices I wish to announce. The first years please note that the dark forest is strictly forbidden to all students. Also, our caretaker, Mr. Filch" he shows a ragged old man, called Mr. Filch, with his cat. "Has asked me to remind you that the 3rd floor corridor on the right hand side is out of bounds to everyone who does not wish to die a most painful death. Thank you." He says.

"Now when I call your name, the sorting hat will be placed on your head, and you will be sorted into your house.

"Hermione Granger?" She says. I look at Hermione and she looks nervous. "Okay okay relax." She whispers. "Mental that one, I'm telling you." Ron says. "Ron, be nice." I glare.

Harry nods in agreement. Hermione sits on the stool and McGonagall places the sorting hat on her head

"Ah, right then...hmm...right. Okay...Gryffindor!!" The students cheer; Hermione jumps off with a smile.

"Draco Malfoy?"

Draco saunters up proudly. The tattered hat nearly freaks before touching down on Draco's head. "SLYTHERIN!" It yells. The students cheer, not as loudly

"There isn't a witch or wizard who went bad who wasn’t in Slytherin."

"Susan bones." A small, redhead goes up. I look around and notices a black greasy haired, pale man, called, giving me sinister looks. Then my scar started to hurt a lot, and it looked like Harry's hurt as well.

We put our hand on our foreheads in pain. "Y/n, Harry you two Alright?" He asks. "Yeah, yeah qere fine." We lie.

"Ronald Weasley?" Ron gulps and walks up. He sits down and the hat is put on.
"Ha! Another Weasley. I know just what to do with you... Gryffindor!!" It yells
The students cheer as Ron sighs in relief.

"Harry Potter."

Everything goes silent. Harry walks up and sits down on the stool. The Sorting Hat is placed on his head.

"Hmm...difficult, very difficult. Plenty of courage I see, not a bad mind, either. There's talent, oh yes, and a thirst to prove yourself. But where to put you?" "Not Slytherin not Slytherin." I hear him say. "Not Slytherin eh, Are you sure? You could be great, you know. It’s all here in your head. And Slytherin will help you on the way to greatness! There's no doubt about that. No?" "Not Slytherin...anything but Slytherin." I hear him whisper. "Well, if you're sure... better be... GRYFFINDOR!!"
There is an immense cheering and Harry goes to the Gryffindor table.

"Y/n Potter."

Everyone goes silent again. I gulp and walk up to the stool, and sit on it. "Ooh a other Potter, lots of Bravery, and Courage, very bright and smart. And very cunning." It says. "I don't belong in Slytherin, I think I would belong where my brother is." "How brave do you say you are?" It asks. "So much as, I would die for the people I love." I say. "Well If not Slytherin better be Gryffindor!!" It yells.

Everyone cheers, I run to the Gryffindor table and hug Harry. "We got the Potter's! We got the Potter's!" I hear Fred and George shout.

Harry and I sit down at the table. We look at Dumbledore, who lifts up his goblet and slightly waves it, as if he was wishing congratulations. We smile and nod. And I high fives Harry, knowing that we were in the same houses.