Chapter 31

Your Pov:

Harry and I walk down the stairs slowly. Halfway down, we wince, feeling our scars burning, we look down to see....Professor Quirrell standing before the Mirror of Erised.

"You?" We say. Quirrell turns to face us "No. I-it can’t be. Snape, h-he was the one-" "No, dear children I tried to kill you two." He growls. Harry and I look at him in disbelief and confusion. "And trust me, if Snape’s cloak hadn’t caught fire and broken my eye contact, I would have succeeded, even with Snape muttering his little countercurse." He growls. "Snape was trying to save us?" We ask. "I knew you both were a danger to me right from the off. Especially after Halloween." He says.

"Then-then you let the troll in." We stutter. "Very good, Potter's, yes. Snape, unfortunately, wasn’t fooled. While everyone else was running about the dungeon, he went to the third floor to head me off. He, of course, never trusted me again." He says. He turns towards the mirror again. Harry and I wince as our scars burn again. "He rarely left me alone. But he doesn’t understand. I’m never alone, never." He says, staring into the mirror.

"Now, what does this mirror do? I see what I desire. I see myself holding the stone. But how do I get it?" He asks. "Use the twins." We hear someone say. Harry and I looks around, wondering where the voice is coming from. "Come here Potter's!" He yells. Harry and I slowly walks down the stairs, towards Quirrell and the mirror Tell me... what do you two see?" He asks. Harry and I look  into the mirror, and for a few seconds, we see eachother standing next to Quirrell, then my reflection reaches into its pocket and pulls out a gleaming red ruby, the Philosopher’s Stone Harry and stare in amazement as my reflection smiles and winks, then puts the stone back in its pocket. I feel my pocket and realizes the Stone really is in my pocket, we quickly look up again.

"What is it? What do you see?" Quirrell asks. "We're shaking hands with Dumbledore. We've won the House Cup." We lie. "They lie." The Unseen Voice says. "Let me speak to them." The voice says. "But Master you are not strong enough." Quirrell says. "I have strength enough for this.Quirrell reaches up and starts unwrapping his turban as he turns so his back is to the mirror. Harry and I turn toward the staircase into the room, wondering whether we should try to escape, then we turn towards Quirrell again. He is almost finished unwrapping his turban, save for a piece covering the back of his head. Finally, he removes the turban, revealing a scary-looking chalk white face, Voldemort. He cranes around and opens his eyes.

Y/n and Harry Potter, we meet again." He smirks. "Voldemort." We glare. "Yes. You see what I’ve become? See what I must do to survive? Live off another, a mere parasite. Unicorn blood can sustain me, but it cannot give me a body of my own. But there is something that can, something that, conveniently enough, lies in your pocket Y/n. We realize Voldemort is referring to the Philosopher’s Stone, Harry and I turn and run back up the stairs

"Stop him." Voldemort yells. Quirrell snaps his fingers, instantly causing fire walls to block all the exits, trapping Harry and I in the room.

"Don't be a fool! Why suffer a horrific death when you can join me and live?" Voldemort says. "Never!" We shout. "Haha. Bravery. Your parents had it too. Tell me, Harry and Y/n, would you like to see your mother and father again? Together, we can bring them back." He says. We look In the mirror, mine and Harry's parents appear in the reflection. "All I ask for is something in return." He says. I take the Stone from my pocket. "That's it, Y/n. There is no good and evil. There is only power, and those too weak to seek it. Together, we'll do extraordinary things. Just give me the stone!" He yells. Our parents fade from the reflection. "You liar!" We scream. "Kill them!" He Yells.

Under orders, Quirrell soars into the air and grabs hold of Harry and I with one hand on each of our throats. We fall to the steps, causing the Stone falls out of my reach as Quirrell chokes us. Harry and I strain and squeak. Suddenly, Harry and I put our hand on Quirrell's hands in an attempt to get him off. Smoke furls from under his hand as Quirrell winces.

"Ahh! Ahh!" Ge screams. He backs up away from us. His hand is crumbling into ash and dust. "What is this magic?" He cries. His hand disintegrates "Fool! Get the stone!" Voldemort yells.

Quirrell walks forward towards Harry, I then touch his face with my hands, causing Quirrell to scream in pain, and especially Voldemort to wince. Harry looks on horrified as Quirrell backs up with his face horrendously burned. Quirrell crumbles as he walks forward, turning his body completely in ash and dust, and falls to the floor, leaving only his clothing. Harry and I gasp, as we look at our own hands and I hurry over to the stone.

Harry picks it up and sighs. However, I see from behind, dust clouds form from Quirrell's corpse, causing Harry to turn around as the dust clouds with Voldemort's face rushes forward screaming I quickly push Harry out of the way and it goes through me, making me scream in pain. Voldemort flies away, as Harry falls to the ground. He quickly rushes to me, but then everything went black.