𝑒𝑖𝑔ℎ𝑡𝑦-𝑡ℎ𝑟𝑒𝑒 | 𝑌𝑜𝑢'𝑙𝑙 𝑏𝑒 ℎ𝑎𝑝𝑝𝑦

AURORA Sunday, 22th May

AURORA
Sunday, 22th May

"So when did World War II take place?"

"1. September 1939 - September 2, 1945" I answer the question Ares asks me.

"Who was Christopher Columbus?"

"Christopher Columbus was an Italian navigator in the service of Castilian who discovered America in 1492 when he reached an island in the Bahamas."

"In the course of which revolution was Louis XVI. sentenced to death and executed?"

"French Revolution."

Ares put the last card of the 20 aside. "You see, you can do everything." "Could we do math now?" I asked him as if he were literally my father. The problem is that Ares now pays close attention to how often I study because he doesn't want me to stress myself out. The mental breakdown showed him how frustrated I was.

"No, tomorrow we can do math, just like biology, so now we're going." I buckled my seat belt and turned straight again, so I'm sitting upright. "Where do you want to go now? It's almost 8 p.m. and sitting here." I took the fries and ate them.

"You'll be happy." I raised my eyebrow but let Ares do what he intends to do. I mean, it can't be that bad.

I'm starting to trust Ares, I mean how could I after the thing he did for me, sure there were a lot of things I just hated. I have never forgotten people and could never but well, that's the way it is.

But I wonder what would have happened if I hadn't stood in the aisle at the bet and noticed everything. I would of course fall for Ares. I would have slept with him and I would be devastated. But it doesn't seem like it's worth mentioning because it didn't happen that way.

I was totally lost in thought because when the car stopped we had arrived at the place. I looked out of the window. It was a normal parking lot where not a single soul was. No car, no person, just the asphalt ground with the parking lot markings.

"And what exactly do we want here?" "You're going to drive now. Let's change our sets." What? No way am I going to put myself behind this wheel. "No, you can forget it." What is he thinking? I've never driven a car, and I had an accident, but that doesn't make it any easier.

"There are no people here, the car can't tip over, nothing can happen."

"What if it explodes?" he looks at me with a raised eyebrow and a confused look. "It can happen." "Aurora, it's not gonna happen, now go." I shook my head. "I'm not going to sit there. I can't do that, and it sucks of you for just doing it like that."

"You're going to college soon, and you have to go from one place to another." I rolled my eyes. "There are taxis." "And you have not much money." I opened my mouth indignantly. "I can walk."

"You hate it." "Bike." "More sport than walking." "You know, fuck me, Ares." "With pleasure, but only after you've driven."

"Will you leave me alone then?" he nodded. I rolled my eyes, opened the door angrily, and walked out. Ares followed and as we crossed paths he sat, "You're so hot when you're pissed." I just hissed a shut up and got in on the driver's side.

It was so weird. I mean really weird. I've never been in this seat. I just didn't dare. I looked around. These thousands of buttons and everything is so confusing.

"Okay, first, buckle up and adjust your seat and mirror, so you can see everything." I listened to Ares and did it immediately. I pushed the seat forward, tightened the seat belt, and adjusted the mirror, so I could see something behind.

"And now you turn on the car and pull the handbrake, this." He pointed to the lever in the middle. I nodded again. I took a deep breath and slowly turned the car on.

My hands were shaking, and the adrenaline grabbed me. When the car jumped up, I also pulled the handbrake, which was quite difficult at first. "Now you have to press the gas pedal on the right. There's a brake pedal in the middle, put your foot on it, but don't press it." I nodded and pressed the gas lightly.

The car slowly moved forward. I feel like giving birth. Probably worse. It all scares me. Images pop up in my head that seems impossible yet think of them.

"You can push harder." I nodded and did it. My hands curled into the steering wheel. "I'll go into gear, so just concede how you drive. You can accelerate slightly and then turn left around this corner."

I did everything Ares says to me. As if I were his little robot. But it works and I drive it really well. When I got to the curve, I turned left and drove in cleanly, then straight out again.

It was a totally good feeling. Not even to be described. It was quiet in the car. Ares just gave me instructions and I listened to him with concentration. When I stopped and even made my luck in parking, I pulled the handbrake, and boom, I did it.

Ares looked out the window and then looked at me. "You even parked almost cleanly." I squeaked in happiness and didn't even know I could make such noises. "And you say you can't." I looked at Ares.

A smile grows on my lips. I enclosed the wheel more firmly and couldn't believe that I really did it. "You can get your driver's license right now." joked Ares next to me.

"I will drive you home and we see if we arrive." I laughed ironically. Ares laughs the same way, he puts his hand on my thigh and walks it up and down. "Come I'll drive you home, otherwise you'll get in trouble and I'll be headed by your mom."