Chapter 59

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Leah's POV

Friday 6:45 AM

"Daddy, I still can't believe you didn't tell me that you were coming," I say as I put a plate of scrambled eggs, bacon, and toast in front of him.

"I heard my baby wasn't doing good, you should've called me Lee," he gives me the disappointed look that I haven't gotten in a few years.

"Sorry Daddy, I didn't want to worry you and don't get mad at Aunty either, I made her promise not to say anything.

"Mhmmm," he rolls his eyes.

"Is what Daddy?" I question.

"Nothing," he says and starts eating.

"Mr. Mitchell, yuh know seh mi know seh yuh and Aunty inna tings," I state and his head flies up fast making me laugh.

"Yup you're not as slick as you think you are old man, so tell me what's wrong," I say, and he looks at me, like really looks at me.

"When did you grow up, Lawd mi still find it hard fi see you as an adult," he chuckles, and I wrap my arms around his neck and kiss his cheek.

"Don't worry, I'll always be your munchkin, now tell me what's going on," I say, and he laughs.

"Georgia have mi a second guess mi self, like mi a wonder if something wrong wid mi," he says but I'm confused.

"What do you mean?" I ask for clarity.

"Mi no know how fi explain it Munchkin, is like mi no good enough fi her. She talk bout church and mi seh cool mek wi get married then, all now she cyaan gimmie an answer.

She start talk bout where we going to live because she doesn't want to go back to Mobay. Mi tell her seh mi willing fi move come Town, it's not like mi av anybody there anymore but she tek dat mek problem. She claim seh she no wah put mi outta mi way and one bag a foolishness," he sighs.

"I thought you said that you'd never remarry," I tease.

"That's how I felt until I met Georgia, my first marriage was a mess and I never wanted to relive that. Plus, I had to think about you kids, I made a promise to never bring another woman into your lives.

Georgia swooped in and filled that role perfectly without me even realising what was happening. Over the years I fell for her, but she refused to cross that line, she had several excuses as always.

I really want to be with her Munch, I want to marry her, I've wanted that for many years but I'm beginning to think that this is an unrequited love type of thing.

Mi no young again enuh Lee mi no supposed to a go through dem relationship stress yah, mi lef dem tings deh fi yuh and Liam. I most definitely do not want to waste the years that I have left running down someone who isn't interested," he moves the food around on his plate and sighs.

"Daddy wah yuh a talk bout, yuh a just forty-two and Aunty no reach fifty yet. I can tell you though that the love is not unrequited. Aunty just stay like Shan, affi overthink everything but you have to put down your foot, Daddy," I say and he laughs.

 Aunty just stay like Shan, affi overthink everything but you have to put down your foot, Daddy," I say and he laughs