Chapter 43

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Shanya's POV

Friday 12:05 PM

I'm struggling to wake up, I need to wake up but it's hard. Why am I so hungry? I want some of Leah's porridge, that should fill me up. I could also eat pizza; I doubt it will stay down but even to just taste it.

Why mi feel like duppy a hold mi dung inna mi sleep? Mek mi seh d Lord's Prayer a dat Mummy seh mi must seh.

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be thy name; thy kingdom come; thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

"Shanya, how are you beautiful?" I hear Lilli's voice, why is Lilli in my bedroom?

Ok, I need to wake up, mi sure seh duppy a hold mi dung, mek mi try the twenty-third psalm.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want. He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

I hear Alex laughing but I don't know what the hell is going on. I become frustrated and start screaming out in my sleep for Alex to help me.

"Nya, calm down baby, I'm right here, just give it a minute. I promise you'll be fine, one minute baby," he reassures me.

His voice calms me, I relax and after a few seconds, I start becoming fully awake. I slowly open my eyes but quickly close them back, the light is blinding.

"Try again Baby," Alex says, and I slowly open my eyes again. The lights are now off, I look around the room and confusion set in.

"Hospital?" I ask, my throat feels dry.

"Yes," Alex answers and Lilli uses a penlight thingy to look in my eyes.

"What happened?" I ask and Alex sighs.

"You said you wanted porridge and pizza, eat first and then I'll explain everything," he says and I want to argue but the look on his face stops me. My husband is not doing well, his eyes are tired, and he looks stressed.

"May I have some water please," I beg, and Lilli takes up a bottle and slowly feeds it to me.

I never knew water could taste so good.

"Thank you," I say when I finish drinking and she smiles at me.

"How are you feeling honey?" Lilli asks and I stop to process her question.

"Ahmm, I feel tired like I could sleep for days, my head hurts, my stomach feels upset like my munchkin is going to make me sick again," I smile but I see the worried exchange between them.

"What's going on?" I ask and try to sit up but the pain that hits me makes me cry out and hold my belly and head.

They both come to my rescue and puts me to lay back down, Alex is distraught, his eyes say it all.

"Lilli, please tell me that my munchkin is ok," I start crying and she wipes my tears.

"Shanya I am doing everything I can to ensure that my grandchild lives but you have to help me. You can't take on any stress right now, I know it's hard because you're worried and I understand sweetheart, but I need you to just be calm so that the baby can recover, ok?" She kisses my cheek and I nod.

"I'm going to give you a shower, I've been tidying you since Wednesday," Alex says, and I'm confused.

"Wednesday, what day is today?" I ask.