Chapter 19

Remember to VOTE and leave a comment on this chapter!!!

Alex's POV

"Sir, let me get right to that..." the nurse starts to speak but I hold up my hand and stop her.

"I should fire you right now but I don't have time for this shit, you don't deserve to interact with people, you are rude. This is not how people are treated in my hospital and if you ever treat my wife like that again, I will ensure that you never work another day in your life," I tell her and hold up my hand silencing her when she makes to speak.

Three minutes later Jonathan comes walking up to us, he gives Shanya a big hug, she giggles, he then turns and hugs me.

"Do you know who this man is?" He turns to the nurses and asks.

"No Sir," they answer in unison.

"So, because you don't know him you decide to be rude, that's not how we operate here. He and his wife, she's standing right there, they own half of this hospital. His father operates the pharmaceutical arm of this hospital. I've spoken to HR, both of you are suspended pending a review, please go to HR now," he says in a stern voice and two nurses come running down the hall.

"Before you go, which room is she in?" He asks and the nurse points to the room with number two on the door. He walks over and enters the room. Two minutes later he opens the door and signals for us to enter.

Shanya runs over and enters the room. God, I just want Nya to walk and stop running.

I walk in and Nya is hugging Dane, when he sees me, he releases her and pulls me into a hug. I feel his body shake and I lead him outside.

"I need a room," I say to the nurse.

"Room six is free Mr Holt," she advises, and I quickly walk to the room with Dane.

As the door closes, he breaks down, he sinks to the floor and cries, I sit on the floor with him and hold him.

After several minutes he finally speaks, "The placenta ruptured, they said I may need to choose between her and the baby. I chose her and even in her pain she begged me to choose the baby.

They did the emergency c-section but they both almost died, the baby is in the NICU and I can't bring myself to look at him. I am such a bad person, I can't look at my son because he almost took her from me," he says and starts crying again.

"Hey, that's not true, there's no wrong or right way to deal with a situation like this. There's no doubt that I would've made the same decision if I was in your shoes so stop beating yourself up. You are one of the most selfless people I know and I keep telling you that you're going to be an awesome father. You are nothing like your mother, you won't leave him and you're nothing like your father, you will find time for him.

Bredda mi deh yah fi yuh, I will stand with you through it all. Just let me know when you are ready to go see him, mi deh yah fi hold yuh hand," I say as I squeeze his hand.

"She's going to hate me; she must think that I'm a dead beat. I wasn't happy about the pregnancy and now I didn't choose him. I saw the disappointment in her eyes, she won't ever forgive me," he cries.

"Dane, you know that Kim is not like that, remember that's what you love about her, she doesn't hold grudges. I'm sure she understands that you love her and wasn't willing to lose her. The good thing is that both are alive, come let's go meet your son," I say.

"You'll come with me?" He asks.

"Den no must, mi nah lef yuh side one bit," I tell him and help him up.