E L E V E N: THE ORIGINAL FAMILY

Start from the beginning

"What the hell is going on?" Carla covered her mouth, running towards the stairs. "Elijah," she yelled.

Antoinette followed after Carla, climbing up and up on the stairs. Then boom as Carla was about to step on the next stairs, it gave out, collapsing. Antoinette grabbed Carla, speeding down the stairs before they fell.

"Shit." Carla cursed, falling to her knees. "Shit. What the fuck?" Golden light glowed around the lobby, taking away everything they saw. From the paintings on the wall to the chairs in the lobby and the golden double doors.

One by one, The illusion faded, revealing an old abandoned mansion no one has lived in for centuries. Antoinette Perked up to a groan of wood lobbing before her and Carla. She stared wide-eyed at the open ceiling throwing chunks of wood down. She pulled Carla to the side as the wood slammed on the floor, splintering so hard it cracked the ground.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way." Rzej's voice sounded to them.

Carla turned around to the sight of Elijah bloody and beaten to a pulp, she didn't recognize him. Antoinette snarled at Rzej, inching towards them but Rowena snapped her neck.

Carla turned to her friend on the floor and screamed. "What the fucking hell. Let Elijah go. What's going on?" Her heart raced with speed, she didn't have a minute to take in a deep breath and think.

"I want you to remember. That's the only way this torture stops." Rzej crooned. "Remember." He searched her eyes for any recognition. Any sigh of Callisto coming forth.

Carla gripped her head, glaring at Rzej with an intense fevered gaze. it scared her to wield that amount of unfeeling anger. Her blood boiled at the sight of Elijah. It thrummed in her heart as the building broke piece by piece.

Elijah groaned when Rzej cut his sword against his chest. He pushed deeper until blood pooled down.

"Why are you doing this?" Carla cried. "What did I ever do to you?"

Elijah groaned again at another slash against his back. "Carla, leave. Run. They'll kill you."

"I'm getting bored," Rzej kicked Elijah in his face. "Remember or I will cause some serious damage." He sneered, standing behind Elijah. He pulled Elijah's hair, holding his sword to Elijah's throat. It thrummed against his hands at the spill of demon blood.

Carla gripped her head, trying and trying to forget. To wake up. This was a dream. A dream. A dream. She slapped herself, screaming that word.

"Carla, we don't have time." Rowena hissed, stepping forward. She shook Carla, turning the young girl to her. "That weapon will kill Elijah. You have to remember."

She pushed Carla to the floor, holding her head so she could look. So she could watch every slice of Elijah's skin and every cry he exhorted. Every torture Rzej caused.

Like a bomb going off, she shook, seething and shaking as something deep within her flashed open. A black door slammed, the hinges shaking until cracks fouled up the wood.

Rzej made another slash on Elijah's face, causing a mark that would scar.

Carla's knees wobbled against the cold wood. She clenched her hands together as the door shook and her brain pounded. "Please," she cried. Then Rzej stabbed Elijah through the gut, enough to hurt. Her heart leaped out of her chest, taking control of her emotions. Of the pain that ceased her limbs and made her unable to move.