𝑠𝑖𝑥𝑡𝑦-𝑓𝑜𝑢𝑟 | 𝐼 𝑙𝑜𝑣𝑒 ℎ𝑒r

ZETHSaturday, 19th March~Broken by Isak Danielson

ZETH
Saturday, 19th March
~Broken by Isak Danielson

I came home late yesterday from the festival. Mason left me alone, of course, and didn't even tell me. A text would have sufficed, but no, Quinn had to tell me.

I just walk out of my room to get breakfast because mom had to leave at six again today. That's when I saw Mason walking up the stairs with a plate of pancakes.

"You hate pancakes." I raised an eyebrow and pointed at the plate. "I wanted to try it." He's kidding me. Mason has tried pancakes five times, and he's puked every time. He's not going to try a sixth time.

"Who's in your room?" He raised an eyebrow. "No one like, I said I'll try again." "You're lying," I stated. It's weird that Mason even has anyone here. I mean, Mason does a lot of things with women.

But he never took one home in his life, not only because of our mother but also because he doesn't like to share the bed with anyone, he got that from our dad.

Only with whom you feel comfortable and really appreciate as a person. He even pushed Ares off the bed the first time he got here because he didn't want him on it. So who the hell does Mason let into his bed?

The door opened and Aurora was standing in front of me. Her lips pressed together when she saw me. I looked at Mason angry. Does he sleep with Aurora?

"You're the dumbest thing I've ever seen in the world. Did you... No, did you two ever think about Ares?" I snapped at both of them. Mason looked at Aurora.

"What does that matter to Ares? I mean, he's dating Scarlett. He told me yesterday He doesn't care what I do." Aurora said as she walked down the stairs. I like Aurora, but she's really blind if she hasn't realized by now that Ares likes her and not Scarlett.

I also wonder what his plan was to date Scarlett instead of telling the truth, to Aurora. Now he's taken it so far that his best friend and the girl he likes are sleeping together.

"I'm sorry Zeth for coming out like this, and I'm sorry I can't eat this, Mason, but I have to go. I have to watch over my brother, and Quinn just covered me." She looped herself down between us. Mason rolled his eyes and handed me those stupid pancakes.

He ran after her like a dog. "Would you like me to drive you?" "No, thanks, Quinn will pick me up. But it was nice yesterday, thanks for that." and I heard the door close. I walked down to the kitchen and put down the plate that was pushed into my hand.

"You really only think about yourself, you know Ares likes her he won't forgive you," Mason said nothing and walk up to his room until the door slammed.

This boy is trying to screw me. He probably doesn't even know what he did. He slept with Aurora the person Ares likes so much, and he's his best friend, he knows how Ares feels even more than Ares himself. The fool is just blind. He doesn't like Aurora, he loves her, and that's the thing even worse than this already is.

My phone vibrated just as I saw Ares's name on the screen. Yeah, of course. "What's up?" "Do you know why Aurora left the festival earlier yesterday and with whom? Quinn was still there." "You're dating Scarlett, aren't you?"

"Yes, I am. I don't know if asking her was such a good idea. It felt right. But don't deviate from the topic." "I don't know. I didn't text her today. But probably with a friend or alone." It feels so shitty to have to lie to Ares.

"Aurora doesn't have many friends, she doesn't like to trust people through her." It doesn't surprise me that he knows something like that.

"I don't know, just text her," I suggested. "Never, then she thinks I would worry if she came home. Please text her and ask if she's okay and if she got home safely." I think she's doing great. I said in my mind, but not to Ares. I just agreed and hung up.

I immediately wanted to call Mason out, but when he's angry, I know he won't talk. He keeps his mouth shut until you walk out. It annoys me because you can't talk to him normally.

*
So I wait a while until he calms down. I walk out of my room at 7 p.m. Mason played drums that could be heard throughout the house. I knocked on the door, but he didn't hear it, so I just walked in.

He banged on the plates, harder and harder until he saw me and pulled off the headphones. "Out." "Why did you sleep with Aurora?" "Get the fuck out Zeth," he said again, but I didn't even think about it. He messes everything up. The friendship with Ares, Aurora. With everyone.

"Couldn't you let your cock out of that one person? The question is how do you get her in bed? Was she drunk?" "No." "Was she high?"

"Do you really think that of me? That I give Aurora something, so she sleeps with me?" "There must be a reason."

"Fuck, she sees what no one sees in me, a person." He yelled at me and stood on the stool from the drums and fell back. He threw away the drumsticks.

"Do you know what she did? Do you know what kind of heart she has? She came here looking for a picture of our father. Then I showed her the altar. Do you know what that pure, good soul did? She prayed to him, she told him that he raised great sons. That they are special. Not just you. Me too. She said I'm special." Mason's voice cracked.

"Father is dead. It hurts so much. I can't. I can not breathe. I can't okay? She understands me, She shows me that I am special like father. Because no one else does." I never knew how Mason was thinking or feeling. He was always closed off and never talked about father.

Not with me, not with mom. But somehow with Aurora. He opened up to her more than he ever has in his life.

She showed Mason what he needed. She was there when he needed someone when he called for rescue and got no one. She saved him. That's why he slept with her.

But he hasn't slept with her because he just wants to. He did it because there's more than lust, dear. "You love her."

"What does that matter?" "A lot."

"No. It doesn't matter if I love her. And if so, I love her, but I would never do it to Ares. I would never think of just telling her how I feel about her because if I do, I know that she would choose him. I can't just be her boyfriend then. The bad thing is, I don't know if we can even be friends after that." I saw Mason cry for the first time. Mason is crying in front of me, and it's because of a girl.

"I never wanted to sleep with her, but when she said I should think about myself, I did. She's such a good person who really wants the best for everyone and even though Ares got together with Scarlett and all this shit on her despite everything, she would do anything for him. She would choose him, but she doesn't know." Mason said desperately.

I've never seen him like this in my entire life, he's like a new person. A person who lets out the feelings he hides.

"I would never do it to Ares. I would never take Aurora away from him, I might be a bad friend for sleeping with her, but I would never do that. Aurora will never know that I love her."

Aurora has shown Mason what love means, but unfortunately, Mason's love is not seen by her.

It's a one-sided love.