1 | "I Won..?"

----------

Narrator Notes:

This first chapter will still be written in mostly third-person, from chapter 2 onward, first-person writing from the perspective of the characters will be more prevalent

----------

...

Y/N: 'I WON?!?!? I WON! I ACTUALLY WON THIS RAFFLE HAHAHA!' Y/N thought to himself, but this feeling of happiness was suddenly interrupted, as Y/N continue thinking about what all of this meant.

Y/N: 'How... how will I even explain to mother and father that I will have to go out for a few hours? I haven't lied to them in years, I know from experience what happens when I lie, what is this feeling pushing me towards doing it? Is it hope...? God damn it...'

Y/N kept pondering the whole thing, his mind was scared, beyond scared, with each passing second he felt more and more hesitation, his body had other plans, however, without even realizing what he was doing he was already pressing on the glowing part of the ticket to 'activate it and verify the winner', whatever that meant.

Y/N: 'I... Well then, fuck it I guess!? I already work every single day, I can probably get away with saying I got a few extra hours at the factory?', the glowing of the ticket stopped, where the glowing once was, a small but readable text appeared that read:

'Congratulations! Your ticket has been verified as the winning raffle ticket! Please push your thumb onto the marked spot under this text so we can keep your fingerprint and make sure the ticket isn't stolen! This raffle ticket will serve as the actual Premium VIP ticket, do not fret, however, with your fingerprint scanned you will be able to use it to enter the concert in the case you lose the ticket! Remember, be at the stadium at 21:00 (9 PM) tomorrow, with your ticket ready! See you there!'

Y/N is very surprised at how high-tech the ticket was, it did seem like a normal raffle ticket from the outside. 'How does this even work?' Y/N thinks while pressing his finger on the spot that supposedly scanned his fingerprint, with that done, the ticket began to change in color, even in shape and size, turning into the beautiful palette of the KDA colors.

Y/N: 'Yeah, now this looks Premium to me'

The ticket then displayed a text that confirmed his scanning. Y/N stared at it in disbelief for a few seconds, genuinely wondering whether this was high-tech or just magic. these thoughts were quickly interrupted, however, since he noticed his 5 minute break was nearly over, he quickly stored the ticket as deep as he could in his pocket, and continued doing whatever work was needed around the house, after most of it was done, Y/N decided it was time for him to attempt to lie to his parents.

Y/N walks to the living room, where they were currently located.

Y/N: "Father, mother, I will be home late tomorrow, I was able to get more hours at the factory, I want to take this chance to compensate for the lack of money I made today."

Father: "How many hours?" his father questioned, not a single emotion could be felt in those words.

Y/N: "Three entire hours, from 21:00 to 00:00 (9 PM to Midnight)"

Mother: "Only? Couldn't even get 4, maybe 5? Can't you ask to just work there during the night and continue when everyone comes back in the morning? Lazy fucking worker."

Y/N knows that no matter what he does, what he said, they would always insult and look down upon whatever he achieved and got, this usually affects him, as he always had hope that someday, his loving parents would come back and hug him again, but this time he had to focus his energy on making it through this lie.