“Felix…” I trailed off, unsure of what to say. “I don’t want to hurt him anymore. I think it would be best if I just left him alone and let him figure it out for himself.”

                Felix reached out and slapped me, hard. I stared at him in complete shock as I winced and recoiled away from him.

                He glared at me. “That was for cheating on Luka, and for being a complete moron. Will you just stop feeling sorry for yourself? Luka needs you Connor. You can’t just leave him alone. I know you’re the one who hurt him, but you need to fight to show him how sorry you are. Luka deserves that. Are you just going to give him up like that? At the very least, explain why you did it. Surely you must have had a reason. I’ve known you almost my whole life, and I know for a fact that you’re not some horny teen boy. You must have had a reason.”

                I opened my mouth and snapped it shut, realizing that Blake hadn’t shown Felix the video of my parents. Felix had no idea that my parents neglected and occasionally hit me. He just…knew me.

                I nodded at him slowly. “Okay. I’ll go to Luka’s house and talk to him.”

                “Thank you,” he said quietly. “I don’t want to see Luka change into someone he’s not. You and Blake have changed into horrible, despicable people. But Luka doesn’t have to.”

                “Thank you for being there for him Felix,” I said sincerely. “No matter what happens, you have to stay by his side. If he doesn’t want me around anymore, I’ll feel a little better knowing he’s not alone.”

                “I won’t let Luka be alone. He’s one of my best friends. And I’m loyal.” With that, he turned and walked away from me.

                I left school and got in my car. I turned my music on and took off towards Luka’s house, trying to decide what to say to him.

                I pulled into his driveway and got out of the car, going up to the door and ringing the doorbell. I waited until Tammy opened the door.

                “Connor, what happened to Luka?” she asked, the concern in her eyes killing me. “He’s so upset, and he won’t tell me or Paul what’s wrong. Did something happen at school?”

                I shook my head slowly. “No. I’ll go talk to him and see if I can make him feel better,” I said silently. He was so hurt that he couldn’t even talk to his parents about it. Luka and his parents were incredibly close.

                God dammit, what had I done to him? How could I have let myself hurt Luka like this? He didn’t deserve it.

                “Thank you Connor,” she said, letting me into the house. “Please, make him feel better. I’ve never seen my Luka so upset before. It’s killing me.”

                I winced a little and nodded. I walked through the kitchen, keeping my head down as I passed by Paul.

                “Connor?”

                I froze and slowly turned to face Paul. “Yea Paul?” I asked nervously.

                He got up and came over to me, placing a hand on my shoulder. “Please make him feel better,” he said, his eyes pleading. “Luka’s never been this upset before, and I think you’re the only one who could possibly cheer him up.” He gave my shoulder a light squeeze before releasing it.