The Affair {6}

Today was the day I would end everything with Blake. I had been acting normal around him in school, and when we hung out at Luka’s house.

                “Connor, are you okay? You seem kind of…tense,” Luka said.

                I offered him a reassuring smile. “I’m fine Luka,” I assured him. I was a little tense, but it didn’t matter. It would all be over soon.

                We were sitting in Felix’s living room watching The Boondock Saints. Felix was sitting with me and Luka on the couch, and Blake was sitting in a chair next to the couch.

                “Guys, I’m thirsty!” Felix announced.

                “So go get yourself a drink,” I said, rolling my eyes.

                “Nope. You and Blake are going to go downstairs and get us soda and chips,” Felix said with a pleasant smile.

                “And why are Connor and I doing that?” Blake asked in confusion. “It’s your house Felix!”

                “Exactly! I invite you guys into my house, so I figure the least you peasants can do is serve me,” he said, folding his hands behind his head and leaning back against the couch, kicking his feet up on the coffee table.

                “Lazy,” I grumbled, standing up.

                Blake copied me and we went down to Felix’s basement together. I reached for the chips, but Blake caught my hand.

                “Are we hanging out tonight Connor?” he asked.

                I nodded at him, pulling my hand out of his grip. “Yea. We’re hanging out tonight Blake,” I said, grabbing the chips and nodding at him to grab the soda.

                He followed me upstairs and we ate and drank, laughing along with the movie. I held Luka close to me the whole time, not even bothering a glance towards Blake.

                When the movie ended, we all stood up and stretched. I shared a kiss with Luka and took his hand in mine.

                “I think we better head back to his house now,” I said, nodding at Luka.

                “Okay. What time are you coming over to work on the project, Connor?” Blake asked me.

                I shrugged, trying to think of a time. “I guess I’ll just come after dinner. So, probably around six,” I said.

                “Alright, sounds good,” Blake said with a knowing smile.

                But he didn’t know anything.

                Luka and I left and got in my car. I drove us back to Luka’s house, and we went around back and climbed onto the trampoline. We laid down, cuddling together.

                “Connor, what’s on your mind? I can tell that something us,” Luka said, brushing my hair out of my eyes and staring into them.

                I leaned up and pecked Luka’s lips, smiling at him. “Nothing, Luka. Hey, do you want to go on a date tomorrow?” I asked.

                Luka looked pleasantly surprised as he nodded at me. “Sure! I would love to go on a date Connor!” he said in excitement, blushing lightly.