Chptr.46

**Kade, October 31st**

"Uh...what's wrong with Zara?" Kai whispers to me in confusion as we stare down at Zara who's curled up in a ball on the couch, her heating pad on her stomach and Mochi snuggled up against her stomach, also using the heating pad as well.

"She's on her period." I respond with a shrug, turning and walking into the kitchen while he follows me.

"Her period?" He asks in confusion, and I hum as I open the fridge, taking out a strawberry milk and a bottle of water, then handing Kai na Apple juice before shutting the fridge.

"Every girl goes through it. For about a week, every month."

"What is it?" He continues to question.

"Uh....." I trail off, trying to think of a way to explain this to him. "She's bleeding-"

"Zara!" He exclaims worriedly, turning and running out of the kitchen towards her.

Whoops.

"What?" She groans quietly, lifting her head.

"You bleeding? Call 9-1-1?" He asks her worriedly, and she laughs lightly.

"I'm fine, Buddy." She replies. "It happens all the time. It's natural, and I promise I'm fine." She assures him, sitting up while I peek out of the kitchen and watch him stare at her, still worried.

"D'you...want me Apple Juice?" He offers her sweetly, and she coos.

"No, Babe. That's all yours. Go get ready for school, yeah?" She says, and he nods hesitantly, looking at her one more time, before setting his Apple juice down next to her and giving her a hesitant thumbs up, then running upstairs. She laughs lightly, standing up and stretching her arms.

I grab the two Midols off the counter, walking out with her milk and water. "Here." I hand them to her, and she quietly thanks me and takes the Midols, washing them down with Water then tossing the water onto the couch and opening her Milk. "I'm not going in, today. Want me to take him?" I offer.

"No. But you can come with me." She responds, giving me a smile and leaning up to kiss my cheek.

We've all been awake since around 4am, because Kai is pumped that today is Halloween and he actually gets to dress up this year. Zara cried last week, when she found out he's never dressed up for Halloween or been trick or treating. It took me an hour to get her to calm down.

"Don't forget. Jinx is coming trick or treating with us so we're taking him home with us when school is done." She reminds me when she heads towards the stairs.

That kid, is stealing my kid.

Well, not my kid...but...y'know..my kid.

~~~~~~~~~

We pull up to the Preschool, and the three of us get out. "Great, are you guys staying for the Halloween Breakfast party?" Kai's teacher asks, and I look at Zara who is grinning happily.

She knows damn well I wouldn't have came if I knew there was gonna be a social event with other parents. They're judgemental, and fuckin annoying. And like to try and tell us how to raise Kai. Fuckin pricks.

And that explains why actually got dressed instead of wearing sweatpants to dress him off like usual. And forced me to actually get dressed and shit, too.

"Of course, we are." Zara nods, taking my hand while Kai takes her hand and leads us both inside.

We get into his classroom, and he hangs his bag up on a hook with his name on it, and then runs over to a table with only one occupant, a little boy with white hair. His back is turned to us so I can't see his face, but he sit sup straight when Kai approaches, throwing his arms around his shoulders from behind.