Chptr.5

**Kade, Monday Morning**

little flower: have u ever missed ur bus?
Me: no
little flower: i just did
little flower: i can't believe it
little flower: its partially my fault. i feel down the stairs. now i have a fat ugly bruise on my stomach.
Me: Where are you?
little flower: the bus stop
little flower: i think its gonna rain
little flower: OMG i hope it does then I get to walk in the rain. thats such a calming thing to do
Me: i'm omw
little flower: wdym
little flower: u don't have to, i like taking the bus
little flower: kade ???
little flower: okay i see ur car

I pull up to the bus stop and unlock the door, and she gets in and smiles at me before frowning.

"Are you sure? My school is 45 minutes away, I don't want to take time out of your da-"

"What school is it?" I ask, pulling away from the stop.

"Loveland Private School." She answers, to which I just nod in response. "You won't believe what I did!" She pauses for dramatic affect, I'm assuming. "I didn't tell my dad about my computer, right? Kept it from him the whole weekend because I was scared to get in trouble. But now, I have to go to school without a friggin computer, Dude. Do you know how embarrassing that's gonna be?" She says with a dramatic sigh at the end. I glance at her, stopping at the red light ahead and reaching into the backseat. I take my work computer out of my bag and set it on her lap. "What the frig, Matty?" She exclaims.

"Use it for the day. I have another one." I shrug, and she gasps.

"No, what if I break it? I'd have to pay for it and believe it or not, I'm like really broke, Dude." She answers, trying to put the computer back.

I believe it. She spends all her damn money on Milkshakes, Strawberry Milk, and stuffed animals.

"Then i'll buy a new one." I shrug. "Just use it, Zara." I tell her, leaving no room for discussion. She whines loudly, but carefully puts the computer into her bag.

She huffs loudly, crossing her arms and looking at me. "If it breaks, you cannot hold me responsible." She declares.

I won't.

~~
I pull up to her school, noticing all the students looking at my car in confusion. She nervously looks over at me, then opens the door on her side. "Zara." I say, and she stops and turns to me. "If anyone asks, tell them who the fuck I am." I demand.

"Like tell them you're Kade Matthias, richest guy on earth? or tell them you're my Mafia bestie who pretends he isn't in the Mafia."

"The first one." I reply, and she nods. "What time are you done? I'll come pick you up."

"Coolio! I'm out at 12 today. I go to lunch then go to a quick study hall, then I'll be done. But I can leave at like 11:30 if you want." She tells me, and I nod. "Bye, Matty. Have a good day and be safe aaaand tell Andre I said hi even though I already spammed him this morning and, yeah!" She answers, getting out of the car and smiling at me.

"Bye, little flower." I answer, noticing how her cheeks turn a light red color at the nickname. She shuts the door, and I wait until she gets inside of the school before heading out.

I pass those three kids I saw around her that day she got glass in her thigh, and glare at them even though they can't see through the windows. They watch my car speed through the gates of the school, and I head back towards the city.

They better not fuck with her, today.

**Zara**

Doo doo bee doo bap bap doo bap bow bee boop-