Chptr.13

**Zara, the next day**

"Dude, why are you up?" Zayn whines, sitting u and rubbing his eyes as I brush through my hair.

"Why aren't you up?" I ask back, and he just shrugs. "I'm gonna go make you lunch. Get dressed, Bum Butt." I say, grabbing my bag, shoes, and phone before leaving my room.

"Good Morning." I greet my dad and my grandma. My dad greets me back, while my grandma just judges my outfit with her stupid judgeful eyes. "I'm making Zayn a lunch, do you want one?" I ask my dad.

"Mhmm." He nods, and I nod and take out two Bento boxes.

"Grandma, do you want one?" I ask with a smile, and she eyes me for a second before nodding and walking out of the kichen. I sigh quietly, taking out a third box and my dad gives me a sad smile.

"She won't be here much longer, I know you don't like her."

"It's not that I don't like her. I don't like the way she treats me, and Zayn! Like we're outsiders because we're mixed or something." I respond quietly.

"She's very...old school. She just believes some things shouldn't happen." He murmurs. "I'll talk to her, though. She has no right to treat you this way, especially in your own home." He says, leaning down and kissing my head before walking out of the kitchen.

I smile to myself, continuing to make the lunches when my phone buzzes on the counter.

Matty: Have you left for school yet?
Me: nopey nope ope
Me: Why???
Matty: I'm bringing you somethign
Me: ISITA PUPPY?
Matty: No, come outside
Me: HEHEHHEHEBSKHOHOKAY

I leave the lunches, skipping out of the kitchen and past my dad and grandma, opening the front door and going outside to Kade's car. he rolls down the passenger window as I approach, and I grin.

"Good morning, Kade."

"Morning." He murmurs, holding up a bag. I take it, and peek inside then smile up at him happily.

"You got me Strawberry Milk! And Donuts." I sing, and he hums. "Come here." I say, and he just raises an eyberow. I huff, and walk around to the driver side and knock on his window. He rolls his down, and I grab her face and kiss both of his cheeks. "Thank you, Kade." I beam.

"Welcome." He mumbles quietly, and I laugh softly.

"I have to finish making lunches- oh, do you want one? Oh well, too late! Don't forget to come see me at lunch time, we can go get something, Milkshakes preferably. Okay, gotta go, bye bye bye!" I wave, kissing his cheek one more time before rushing back inside.

I get inside, getting a look from both my Grandma and Dad. "What?" I ask quietly.

"That boy likes you." Dad points out.

"He doesn't, we're just best friends."

"Cô ấy ngu ngốc hơn tôi nghĩ"
(She's stupider than I thought)

Ouch.

"Mom." Dad says with an unimpressed look. She just shrugs, before going upstairs.

I have a 4.9 GPA, thank you very much. Yes, I cheated my way through Freshman and Sophomore year, but it still counts so I don't really care.

"Hello, wonderful family." Zayn greets, descending down the steps. "Why did Grandma give me an even dirtier look than usual?" he questions, tossing his bag and shoes on the ground next to the door with mine.

"Because she's mean, and old, and she's never had a good milkshake."

It's a Valid excuse.

"Makes sense." He nods.