Chptr.38

**June 26th**

"Wow." I breathe, looking up at the building in front of me. "I can't believe I really did this." I say, looking over at Kade who is smiling, a big genuine smile.

"It looks good."

"Thank you!" I beam, taking out the keys. "Well, guess it's time to open up." I say, letting out a small breath and unlocking the front door.

After what seemed like forever, the whole building is finally completely done being built, fixed up, and everything has been put perfectly into place. For the last few weeks, I was here almost everyday helping with the final touches, and I even added a little Garden around the back since there's a little garden area that was originally for the occupants for this building.

Kade and I walk inside, and I inhale deeply.

Ah, smells like....okay it actually smells like fresh paint and...rain? I'll open some windows and spray some air freshener, no worries.

"I have to get to work, Amor. Text me if you need me, okay? I'll come back around Noon."

"Okie Dokie." I beam, and he smiles down at me. He leans down, kissing my lips softly then pulling back.

"I'm proud of you."

hehehehehehe

"Thank you, Gorgeous." I respond. "Stop by home and check on Mochi, too. Please?"

"I will." He nods.

Kade leaves, and I connect my phone to the surround sound I got installed, and turn on a Hip-Hop Pandora station. I turn on the Monitors that show all the Cameras installed around the building, and make sure everything's connected before taking out the sign-in sheets.

As I prepare everything, the front door opens and I look up, watching a group of about five boys walk in hesitantly. "Hi." I smile brightly.

"Hey." The one in front greets. "We heard this was a new rec center...is it?" He asks.

"Yeah, it is." I nod in confirmation, and they all seem to relax a bit. "Down here on this level, there's really nothing super cool. A laundry room, a Kitchen, the lobby is kind of like a picnic/cafeteria area, the donation area, and there's a pool-"

"Wait, there's multiple floors?" One cuts me off.

Well if ya let me finish, Kid.

"Yup! On the second floor, there's the play room, Art Room, a Music Room, and an electronic room that extends to the third floor. Then on the third floor, those are basically chill and lounge areas. Then the rooftop, there's a Basketball Court and some stuff to do some sports and whatnot." I explain with a happy smile. "Help yourself to anything. If you want accsess to the Electronic Room, come get me and I can unlock it for you." I tell them.

"This is better than the Baltimore City Center." One of them says. "Is there Basketballs up on the roof already?"

"Yup. Just take the stairs up there." I point at the Blue stair door, and they all rush toward it.

I feel so accomplished right now.

Life is good hehehe.

I deserve a Milkshake.

******

"I think it's safe to say you've done something amazing for this community, Zara." A Nun from the Orphanage down the street says. "That other rec center is just a mess." She sighs.

"I'm glad you like it." I respond, looking at the kids she brought that are currently eating lunch in the Cafeteria.

I'll have to start looking for more Volunteers to work here, I guess. I didn't think this many kids would actually show up, honestly. A lot of kids from the neighborhood came, luckily I know the area pretty well so I actually know some of them. I've even seen a few kids from my school come in and go up to the lounge are I'm assuming.