Chptr.44

**Zara, September 1st** 

"I don't wanna go!" Kai cries loudly, hiding under his blankets and I look at Kade worriedly, who sighs quietly. 

"Why not, buddy? I thought you were excited?" I ask him, sitting next to him on his bed while Kade sits on his other side. He tries to talk, but he can't through his consistent sniffles and sobs. Kade moves his blankets, picking him up and placing him on his lap. 

"Basta de llorar, ¿si??" He says, wiping his tears gently. "Tell us why you don't wanna go." He instructs. 

"Be-Because y-you're gonna leave m-me!" He wails, and I frown. 

"Kai," I sigh softly. "I'll be back to pick you up at 12:30. I promise, I won't leave you there." I tell him gently, pushing his messy hair away from his face as he sniffles again. "We're never gonna leave you anywhere."

"Ever?" He mumbles through a sniffle, and I hum in response. He looks up at Kade, who nods as well. "A-and I get to come back here after?" 

"Well, I thought we could go visit Kade at work when I picked you up." I respond, taking him from Kade since I know he has to get ready for work. 

I was originally in here to wake Kai up to get ready but when I came in, he was already up crying. So, I thought he'd had another nightmare and called Kade in here since he's better at calming him down from those. But then he started crying even hard when we tried to get him out of bed, which is when we discovered he was no longer happy about going to preschool today. 

My poor baby. 

He deserves a Milkshake. I'm getting him one, when I pick him up. 

"Okay." He mumbles quietly, wiping his tears with his arm. 

"Okay. You ready to get ready?" I ask, and he nods. I let him out of my lap and he goes into his bathroom, while I walk to his closet and take out an outfit. I leave it on his bed, making sure he's good in his bathroom than going into our room. 

"He's okay?" Kade asks me. 

"Yeah, he's fine." I respond with a smile. "Poor Baby. I just wanna snuggle up and never let him go." I huff, walking into the closet while Kade follows me. "Are you late?" I ask when he comes up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist and kissing the side of my head. 

"I don't care." He responds, resting his chin on my shoulder. "You going to the Center, today?" 

"Yeah, I'm gonna stop by. Then, I'm heading to the Bakery to help out a little." I reply. "Is it okay if we come see you? I should've asked before offering." I question, turning my head to I can see his face. 

"Obviously." He responds, and I mock him childishly. He just rolls his eyes, and I roll my mine back. 

"Dude, you know what I found out the other day?" I exclaim, and he hums. "They're closing down my Milkshake place!" I exclaim. 

"Really?" He asks, genuinely surprised. 

"Really!" 

"Is that why you were crying on Wednesday?" 

"Oh, yeah." I nod in responde. "Heartbroken as frick." I sigh dramatically, reaching forward and grabbing a pair of sweats from my drawer to pull over my Nike pro shorts that I slept in. "Wait, am I supposed to look nice when I drop him off? Do I have time to shower?" I ask worriedly. 

"It's only 6, he doesn't have to be there until 8:30. You have time." He shrugs after glancing down at his watch. 

"Okay, then move you ogre. I have things to do." I exclaim, pushing him away. He just scoffs, stepping back. I turn around, giving him a juicy kiss and smiling. "Have an amazing day, drink water, we'll bring you some lunch. Go tell Kai bye, and I love you very much." I name off, giving him one more fat juicy kiss before running out of the closet and intot he bathroom so I can shower.