Chptr.29

**Zara, Christmas Eve** 

I wake up around 8am after Zayn and MG, taking a nice shower and getting dressed into my new Pajama set. 

We got them for everyone at Target last night when we were getting stuff for today. 

Today is by far the most important day of my life. 

My first Christmas with a group of friends. 

I've never done this before in my life. I've never even had this many friends before in my life. It's my biggest achievement in 18 years, dude. 

I put on the pajama pants, tying them so they stay up on my waist then putting on a Black cropped muscle shirt, and then matching button-up shirt over but leave it unbuttoned. I put on my bunny slippers, smiling to myself then going back into my bathroom. 

I brush my hair, struggling slightly because of how long it is then deciding to just leave it down for the day. It's not like I'm going anywhere, so it's fine. I put on some chapstick and Snickerdoodle cookie perfume, then leave my bathroom. 

I grab my phone and the last few presents from my room, and head into the living room where our White Christmas Tree is put up, covered with gold and silver ornaments and lights. 

I'm so proud of it hehehehe, it looks so pretty. 

~~
Around 8am, everyone shows up to the apartment in their matching pajamas, ready to open presents. 

Everyone gathers around the living room, and I look around at the last few open seats. I decide to sit with Marco on the floor in front of the couch, and we wait excitedly to open our presents. 

"You guys are like little kids." MG laughs at the two of us. 

"Uh, yeah. Because they are." Kayla chuckles. 

"I'm older than you." Marco points out. 

"By like a month." She responds, and I smile. 

"We should go get Milkshakes after this." I suggest as Zayn hands out presents to everyone. He gives me both mine and Kade's, and I turn to where Kade is sitting behind me. "Here." I murmur, setting it on his lap without making eye contact, then turning back around quickly. 

Okay, so I haven't talked to him since that night. 

He hurt my feelings. 

Am sad. Very sad. 

I don't wanna talk to him because I'm gonna get my feelings hurt even more and that's not fun. At all. 

**************

"Hey." I whisper to Kade, who is standing next to me in the kitchen while he drinks a cup of water and I drink some Strawberry Milk. 

"Yes?" He asks, and I swallow nervously. 

"Thank you for the gifts, y'know? They were super nice, and I really liked them." I say, keeping my eyes on my Milk Carton. "And uh, I'm not mad at you anymore by the way. I miss hanging out with you. I know it's only been like 3 days, but you're my favorite person and I think I have attachment issues from you, honestly. But like if you really don't want to be in a relationship, I can't forc-" 

"Zara." He cuts me off, and I shut my mouth and take a deep breath. 

I miss him. 

"Don't cry." He murmurs. 

"I'm not. Swear it, I have a rare condition where my eyes pee sometimes. It conveniently happens when I'm sad." I respond, and he chuckles lightly. He takes my Milk Carton, setting in down and lifting my chin with his fingers, making me look him in the eyes.