Chptr.4

**Zara, Monday**

I sit up in bed with a happy smile, grabbing my phone and unlocking it with my thumbprint then switching to messages.

Me: Guess who doesnt have school todayyyyyyyyyyy
Mafia Bestie (Kade): Why are you up if you don't have school, Zara?
Me: WELLLLLLLLLL
Me: I was wondering if u wanted to hang out heheheehe we can go get milkshakes and walk around like weve done before OR we can go get lunch or smth fun that friends do  ya know ya know
Me: Since ur my friend now
Me: not my bestie though, sorry
Me: only my dad
Me: mega L 4 u
Mafia Bestie(Kade): I'm busy
Me: to busy for lil ole me?
Me: It's okay, I'll ask Andre
Me: he ft'd be from ur phone and gave me his #
Me: THATS 2 FRIENDS KADE IM ON A ROLL HERE
Mafia Bestie(Kade):  I'll be there at 12 to pick you up.
Me: ...
Me: arent u busy, Kadey Wadey?!?!?!?!
Mafia Bestie(Kade): 12.
Me: kkk
Me: NOT KKK
Me: AM NOT RACIST I PROMISE
Mafia Bestie(Kade): Goodbye, Zara

I get out of bed, going downstairs still in my Pj's right as my dad is about to leave. "Overnight?" I ask seeing the extra bag.

"Yup." He smiles and nods. "See you later." He kisses the side of my head, and leaves. I lock the front door behind him, then going into the kitchen. I grab a poptart from the cabinet and go upstairs, sitting at my desk as I unwrap it.

~~~~~~~~~

At 12, I skip down the stairs in my house then back up, grabbing my bag and shoes that I forgot then back down again.

I head outside to Kade's car, grinning as I open the door. "Good Morning, lovely Mafia friend."

I guess its not morning anymore

"I'm not in the Mafia." He says, the annoyance already clear as day.

He loves me.

"Wanna hear a fun fact?"

"No, I want you to shut up and enjoy the silence." He says, and I just smile and lean back in my chair.

"Where are we going?" I ask, barely lasting five seconds with silence.

"To lunch." He answers.

"Okay, but where?" I ask

"Shhh." Is all he responds, and I huff and cross my arms. He glances over at me, rolling his eyes and looking forward again.

Maybe I talk to much. People have told me that before. I don't really care. He wouldn't have picked me up if he didn't wanna hang out with me, right?

We get to a small, cute Cafe in the middle of the city and sit down near the back. "I've never been here." I tell him as I open the Menu. "Have you?"

"Once or twice." He mutters, and I hum then gasp excitedly.

"They have Milkshakes!" I tell him reading over the different options. "I bet they aren't as good as my favorite milkshake shops." I then tell him, looking up to see him just sitting back in his chair with his arms crossed. "Did you know one time I tried making homemade milkshakes? I blended up ice and milk then put in chocolate syrup...it didn't taste good. The ice melted and melted ice and milk isnt really good. So, I tried adding cherries, but I dropped the cherries, and the glass broke, and I stepped in it then I started crying because I didn't know if I was bleeding or if it was cherry juice."

He just stares at me, until our waitress comes up. "Good afternoon. Can I get you two some drinks?" She asks, smiling at Kade happily. "Good to see you, K." She then adds, and he nods at her.