Chptr.7

**Kade, two weeks later**

flower: duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude
Me: Why are you awake, Zara?
flower: why do u use sm punctuation when u txt ???
Me: Because I want to.
Me: Whay are you awake?
flower: I have school, obvi
flower: im making lunch rn and i have extra even though i made both me nd MG some so i was wondering if u wanted me 2 make u and andre some bcs i have enough leftovier
Me: Sure, I'll be there in 10
flower: kk!!
flower: u guys got any allergies? specifically to rice, pork, rice paper, any veggies, shrimp, or salmon
Me: No.
flower: okayaaaaaaa
flower: dude i just burnt myself #gonnacry
Me: Don't cry.
flower: trying lol
flower: my poor finger.
flower: AND IM OUT OF BANDAIDS
flower: okayyyyy bestie see ya soon

I put my phone down on my kitchen counter, opening my fridge and grabbing a bottle of water then shutting the fridge. I walk to my front door, opening it and grabbing my keys and jacket from the hook next to the door before walking out.

I pull up to her favorite CVS convenience store, going inside and to the First-Aid section. I grab two boxes of Hello-Kitty band-aids and spot a box of baby blue ones. I roll my eyes, grabbing those as well before going to the drinks and grabbing a thing of Strawberry Milk then going to the register.

~
I knock on her front door and hear her shout for me to come on. I do so, taking off my shoes before walking into the small kitchen where she has 4 of her bento boxes stacked on top of one another, and she's putting the last dish in the drying rack.

"Chào." She greets with a smile. "Oh my jesus, is that for me." She squeals.

"No." I deadpan, and she pouts. I hold the bag out to her, and she happily opens it as if it's a million-dollar Christmas present. She coos at the band-aids, and practically tackles me over the Milk.

She immediately opens it and puts the straw in, taking a sip and sighing happily. "Oh, there are your foods." She points.

"Meals." I correct.

"Leave me alone." She retorts childishly, putting the top two boxes, one pale blue and the other a lilac color into her lunchbox. She puts two pairs of Metal chopsticks on top and two plastic forks, then zips her lunch bag. "I gave you guys the black and blue ones. The blue one is for you, so we could match." She says with a happy smile. I grab the two boxes while she finishes putting what she needs into her bag then grabbing her milk.

"Wait." I stop her, and she furrows her eyebrows. I grab the box of blue band-aids from her counter, taking one out and grabbing her hands. I examine until I find the tiny burn mark and put the band-aid over it.

"It was tiny, I didn't need a-"

"Shut up." I cut her off. "Where's your jacket?" I ask, not seeing any signs of a jacket to go with her outfit.

It's only 30 degrees outside, and it's supposed to rain later.

"Oh, I don't need one." She shrugs. I roll my eyes, and lead her out to my car.

I've taken it upon myself to give her rides to school when i can. I don't have a Valid reason; I just want to.

We get to her school and she opens her door and gets out then reaches for her stuff. I hold out my jacket, and she furrows her eyebrows. "Wear it."

"But I don't-"

"It's gonna be cold, Zara. I don't know if I'll be able to pick you up, so wear the damn jacket." I say, and she sticks her tongue out at me before taking it. She puts it over her arm before grabbing her bag and lunchbox, then smiling at me.