Chapter 24

Today has been better than most of the others I've had, yet my unpleasant memories remain

Today has been better than most of the others I've had, yet my unpleasant memories remain. It's difficult for me to stop cutting myself on Purpose, but I'll get there.

"Erica, could you please pass me the water bottle?" I ask while I munch a chocolate bar on my bed.

"Can you explain me why Lorenzo and you keep smiling at each other?" she nods and hands it to me. I gave her a sidelong glance. She's been asking me a lot questions, such as whether he actually told the truth.

"There's nothing, we're just pals." "I  should play 'that way' music for you guys because it appears like y'all don't have no concept what y'all to each other," she sighs, jumping on my bed.

"Nothing else, Erica," I joke.

We've been communicating via text messages since Emily took control of him, but Erica scoffs and walks outside, and I join her since I'm bored.

"And how about me?" She turned to face me. I smirked as she noticed what I was talking about, "Chris your dude," she glared at me as I raised my hands.

"Let's go to one of the activities there," I say, pointing to the activities they're doing. "Fine," she says, linking her arms around mine. We proceed to the location where the arrows are being thrown. "This one," I explain.

She smiles and nods. I gave one back. I signed the document because you presumably have to. "We can begin right now," Ms. Carter replies, smiling. We nod.

Ms. Carter handed us the bow and arrows and explained how it works, which sounded simple. She also mentioned how you have to stand to hit the Yorkshire.

Is basically the round wood circle with red paint in the middle of it where you throw the arrows. "It sounds simple," Erica says.

"It's not as easy as you think, women, but you can start." Ms. Carter answered by walking to a chair and sitting down, watching us and a few others. "Let's bet," Erica says as I hum.

"If I get in the middle, you'll have to contact Lorenzo and tell him to meet me in the woods where you were then the best part y'all make out," she smirked. I gave her a sidelong glance.

"Deal, and if I do, you must admit your affections to Chris." I smirk at her as she stares at me, nodding but saying nothing. "You can leave," I said to a freshman female.

Alexa did not come to campus because she is too preoccupied with her baby. I brought clothes for her little baby, but mom is still unaware.

But the baby's father knows, and let me tell you, it took him a while to understand the situation. He was also calm because he didn't want to make her nervous. He stated that he will take care of the kid and that she does not need to worry about purchasing items for the baby.

It's very sweet that he handled it calmly. He did admit that he was careless in getting her pregnant, but he's ready to mature. They're only sixteen years old.