Chapter 19

Elora hasn't been seen since her father's death; she hasn't even shown up to school, despite the fact that she is always on time and never misses a class

Elora hasn't been seen since her father's death; she hasn't even shown up to school, despite the fact that she is always on time and never misses a class. When I texted her sister, she told me that she hasn't been eating or leaving her room.

I'm worried about her because I text her every day and she just leaves me on read, and she does the same to her pals. I despise seeing her in this state.

I know how it feels to lose someone you care about; my grandfather died two years ago.

I really missed him. My sister is returning home, and my mother is arranging a celebration for her.

I don't want to go to that party since I won't be able to enjoy myself till Elora is well. My father has been distant from us and my mother. I'm glad he's away from me, but I'm not happy that my mother has suffered so much as a result of him.

First and foremost, she gave birth to two children; my mother's first child died as a result of a miscarriage; it was heartbreaking. My mother stated that giving birth is really painful.

Second, she cleans up after herself, and third, she remembers everything my father instructed her.

And she still smiles as if nothing unpleasant has ever happened to her. My father does not deserve her, and he does not love her, but she does.

I often told her she should divorce him, but she always said it wasn't as simple as you think. I'm not sure why it's so difficult; just sign the paper and you're good to go.

I put on my grey sweatpants and T-shirt and connect my phone's Bluetooth.

I take my air pods and put them in my ears before heading downstairs. "Hey mama," I said as I kissed my mother's cheek. "Hey bambino (baby)," she said, smiling. "What are your plans?" She inquired.

"I'm going for a walk; do you want anything?" I inquired. "No, will you be at the party?"

I'm sure she already knows I'm not going; it's as if she can read my mind. "I will not, Mommy," I rolled my eyes. "Why not, Lorenzo?" She cocked her brow.

"I'm not in the mood, but I'll see my sister," I remarked as I bit into my bread toast. "Your father's side of the family is on its way."

I rolled my eyes at what she said; my father's side of the family is actually the worst; no wonder he thinks they're all homophobic and everything else that's nasty.

I despise them with a passion, but I have to thank them for the genes they gave me. I have my father's eye color, and I only thank him for that. The rest, not so much.

I'm largely bipolar and have anger issues as a result of my father; I have my mother's heart, yet they occasionally accuse me of being harsh; I'm not sure why.

I'm simply being honest with them; they always say to speak honestly, and I do.

"Why can't you invite your mother's side of the family?" Curious, I inquired. "Can you tell me about Elora and how she's doing?" Something is going on, so she changes the subject.