Chapter 21

I was minding my own business when someone slammed my locker, of course it was Mason

I was minding my own business when someone slammed my locker, of course it was Mason. "What do you want?" I glare at him.

"Chill "I'm just checking in to see how my sister is doing." He was lying because that's why he slammed my door so violently. "No," I said, faking a smile.

"You stink! Anyway, I secretly believe Isabella is pregnant," he says quietly, nervously biting his bottom lip. "What?" my mouth dropped open. "Yes, she has been in a terrible mood and begging for food, and her stomach is aching."

I'm laughing. Mason believes Isabella is pregnant; he's so absurd that when he says, "she's not pregnant, she's on her period," I laugh even harder. "What exactly is period?" he inquired.

This scumbag.

"It's like blood gushing out of our women's vagina every month," I say quietly. "Ahhh! "I need to get her to the hospital before she loses so much blood," he cries, sprinting down the corridors, drawing everyone's attention and making them stare at him like he's crazy.

"Ugh, another day," I grumble, slamming my head against the locker and making noises. "Are you okay?" a girl inquired. "Yeah," I said, pausing what I was doing.

I walk away before she opens her mouth to speak because I don't want to talk. I walk through the halls and see Erica running towards me. She jumps on top of me and we both fall to the ground. "I missed you," she said as she hugged me.

"I missed you too," I chuckle, because we haven't seen each other in two weeks due to, you know. She was furious when she discovered I had been hanging out with Lorenzo for the past two weeks.

I should've told her I was alright, but I was too preoccupied with Enzo.

"Are you looking forward to the trip?" she asked as she let go of my hand. "Hey, ugly asses," Mason said as he approached us, a chip in his mouth. "Hey," I said, rolling my eyes at him.

"So insulting sister," he says, placing his hand on his chest and seeming hurt. "Aren't you supposed to run away from Isabella, Mason?" Erica inquired.

"Oh Yea- he cut himself off "Oh crap the beast is coming " he shouts racing through the corridor he accidentally bumped into a locker he that he put himself on the ground screaming in pain

Bella chuckles. "All right," she says. "Hey," she said with a bright smile and an embrace for both of us. Erica chuckled, "Your boyfriend is insane." "More like stupid"

"Who's your school trip partner?" Bella inquired. We basically have a panther for this vacation because we're going to do stuff together, which is strange but will be more fun.

"I'm going with Chris," Erica replied. "Ooo Chris, that boy you've been talking to lately," I smirked. They'd been friends for a few weeks.

"Shut it, I guess you're going with Lorenzo," she blushes, but he hadn't asked me to be his partner, so I glanced down at the floor.

"Wait a minute! "How come he didn't ask you?" "Wait for real, why?" Erica exclaimed. Bella asked. "I don't know guys, but I don't care because I'm just waiting," I said with a smile.

Erica and Bella are taken aback. "Elora isn't that Lorenzo," Erica says, pointing behind me. Emily and Lorenzo are holding hands. What?! I believed they had split up. She smirked as she looked at me.

What's the matter with me?! Why should I care about his love life? Is he appealing to me? Elora, noo! You shouldn't because he's a player, and I don't want this to happen again.

I turned back to face the girls, who both exclaimed, "He's a bitch." "I'm not mad, why would I be?" I pretended to smile. "You don't have to hide anything from us, Babe," Erica said as she wrapped her arms around my shoulder.

"How could they not?" "I'm happy for him," I say quietly, not wanting to cry.

"They're coming, but we're acting as if we don't care." Erica let go of me and straightened her hair as if she didn't care.

"Hello, babes!" Emily arrived with a phony ass smile. I roll my eyes. Could Lorenzo do this? He is well aware of how bad she is.

I was finally trusting him, but I think a player will always be a player, am I right?

"Don't get too close to Elora or I'll send my entire army to beat the shit out of you," Mason said as he approached us with a pen in his hand.

Mason just wanted to stab her at this point, and I don't blame him.

"Mason, please," Lorenzo cautioned. "Mason is fine, I'm fine, I'm happy for them," I fake smiled once more. Lorenzo continued to send me apology looks, which I ignored.

"See, this is why I don't like your buddies," she pouts, pecking his lips. "You're a bigger liar than your own mother," Mason said.

"I'm going to send my daddy to you," Erica and Bella chuckle as she wraps her arms around Lorenzo.

I just walked away from them arguing because it hurt to have someone you finally trusted turn your back (he didn't actually turn his back, but you get the picture).

"All of that ass you have is fake, you just got BBL and they don't even look well on you," I overheard someone say, and it was unmistakably Mason.

I walked quicker to the football field since I needed some fresh air.

My thoughts return to my ex-abusive boyfriend. I've been having nightmares for the past three weeks and haven't informed anyone.

Flashback
When I walked inside Isaac's room, it was a mess, but that's how males are. "Hey babe," I said as I sat next to him. He ignored me as he scrolled down Instagram with beautiful bodies. I looked at my stomach and realized I would never be like them.

"Isaac?" "What do you want?" he demanded, according to me. He roared, causing me to recoil. "I want you to go on a walk with me," I said as I stared down the floor.

"No!" He yelled once more. "But then he cuts me off." He slapped me across the face, causing me to cry on the floor. "When I say no, you understand?" He drew my hair up, forcing me to stare at him.

"That's why you're so frail Elora, you'll never be worthy, I simply slap you and you're sobbing," he kicks me in the ribs. I gasp in agony.

Is that okay, Elora? He's just upset that he cares, right?

"You should be like the other females on Instagram with great bodies, you're not even close." He punched me in the stomach.

He is correct. I'm not deserving, I'm not perfect, and I don't have the ideal figure. "Please- I- Isaac," I beg of him.

I'm just a girl who isn't enough for anyone or anything; I should kill myself.

(If you stated these to yourself, please know that you are worthy; there are people who care about you that you are unaware of; and perfection does not exist.) You're stunning just the way you are)

And no one would be happier without me. "I'm so disgusted!" He kicked my stomach one more time, knocking me senseless to the floor. There was blood on the floor, and I noticed new bruises on my skin that looked awful.

I despise myself, my body, and the fact that I'm so frail that I should die!

The flashback is over.

"Elora! "Get up!" A familiar voice just came to mind.

"Elora, please," said another voice.

"Is she all right?"

"Please, darling, wake up!"

My eyes closed wide open, my breathing grew heavy, and I couldn't breathe because all of my dreams returned. My heart was racing faster than ever, and I tried to get some fresh air but couldn't.

I think I'm having a panic attack. No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no

"Are you okay, Lora?" Erica asked, panicked, as I clutched her hand. "I- can't b- breathe," I gasp.

"Um, inhale, exhale," Erica instructed. "Think good thoughts," Isabella said. Mason added, "or thoughts." I had a nice thought, but it only came to mind because of Lorenzo, and I don't want to think about him after what he did.

Consider your father. Elora recalls our trip to my first dance competition. Remember that Saturday night when we sat up all night eating pizza and watching Disney?

"You're doing great," Erica said as she rubbed my back for comfort. My breathing became increasingly shallow as I thought about my father.

I eventually calm down. "What occurred?" I inquired. "We couldn't find you, so we spotted you pass out on a bench," Bella explained. I softly nod.

"What was the cause of your panic attack?" Erica asked. I trust Erica and Bella, as well as Chloe, but she doesn't hang out with us very often. I'm not sure why.

"When I get flashbacks, I occasionally pass out" I played with my fingers and then had panic attacks. "Come here, baby," Erica said, pulling me into an embrace. I returned the hug.

Bella also came along.

"I love you, Elora," Erica and Bella declare. "I love you, too," I say quietly.

I simply want my father back.