Chapter 20

A part of me is dying right now

A part of me is dying right now. I returned to school after taking two weeks off due to my father's death, and it hurt like hell.

I'm feeling a little better now that Enzo has consoled me that I haven't spent time with my family in years. I'm swamped with schoolwork because graduation is just around the corner. Also, I've been getting good grades and all, but Math is the issue. I've tried to find someone to tutor me, but the last time I did, he was looking at my breasts, which was disgusting.

I'm not sure why Enzo invited me to his place; I asked him why he said it was a surprise because I trust him.

Someone has knocked on my door. "Who exactly is it?" While putting on my shoes, I inquired. "Is me!" Lisa runs towards me, laughing. "Hey, baby," I say as I raise her up. "Why is Alexa's belly so big?" she inquired.

Mom doesn't know yet; Alexa is three months old, and we've known the gender since last week; she'll look exactly like her mother.

The father is unaware, and she is simply not ready. She was still covering her bump. "She eats a lot, that's why, and don't ask these types of questions to mom," I said as I kissed her forehead.

"She has to excise," she laughs as she walks away. Alexa was devastated when she learned of our father's death.

When my phone rings, I answer it.
Me-Yes?
Can I pick you up, Enzo?
Me-maybe
Enzo-I'll take that as a yes and hung up the phone while smiling since talking to him makes me feel protected for some reason.

Elora, get over it. Isn't he simply a friend? Why would I have feelings for him if he was going to destroy my heart like he does others? It's better to be buddies.

I exited my room and went to Alexa's room to check on the baby. "Hey," I said as I opened the door. She only offered me a shaky smile.

"How are you doing?"
"Tired but okay,"

I feel terrible for her because she is about to become a teen mother. I've heard that being a teen mom is difficult. Everything happens for a reason, don't you think?

"How's the baby?" I asked, placing my hand on her baby bump. "She's a little disobedient," she laughed. "When are you planning on telling him? is your option." I say. "I was planning to tell him soon because we've been talking and Yeah," she sighs.

"Well your transportation is here," she points out the window, "bye sis, I love you," I kissed her forehead.

"Hey Enzo," I said as I opened the car door to let him in. "Hey darling," he smiled. "Can you tell me why I'm going to your house now that you're here?" I crossed my arms.

I'm not angry, but every time someone refuses to tell me something, I ask them to tell me "is a surprise," he says while driving.

I sigh and murmur, "Idiot." The ride was quite quiet, yet it was enjoyable.

I was ready to open the door when Enzo stopped me, saying, "I'll get it first," and getting out of the car and walking the other way. "Thank you, gentlemen," I said as I poked his nose with a smile.

"No problem, my lady," he said, smiling and flashing off his teeth aww, "Did you just call me your lady?" "I- no-not like th- that," he mumbled as I turned my head to him.

"Is all right, softie." I chuckle, linking my arm around his "Softie?" He cocked his brow. "You gave me nicknames, and I'll do the same to you," I smiled. I'm not sure why I keep smiling around him all the time; it could be my mood.

"Good point," he says as he opens the door to reveal a girl with long silky hair and green eyes who resembles Enzo. "Mama," Enzo said.

"Hey son, Elora hasn't seen you in weeks, how are you doing?" She drew me into a huge hug, which shows how much she cares. "I've been great, how about you?" I asked.

I honestly adore her hugs more than my mother; she's a truly nice old lady, unlike others who scold at youngsters for what they do.'

I used to receive those lines from old people 'when I was you age' but we're not in our 90s anymore.

"Good," we yanked apart, "My name is Alisa! Hey you're so lovely, Enzo sister," I knew it was his sister, but I wasn't sure. “Nice to meet you." I cracked a smile.

"Thank you, Elora." She asked, and I nodded, smiling brightly. "Now that I can see you, you seem way cooler than Enzo," I say. I could already see Enzo rolling his eyes.

"Enzo?" Why does she seems shocked? "That's his nickname."

"Lorenzo doesn't like it when others call him nicknames," she says with a sneer to Enzo.

"Leave, Alisa!" He yells at her, "Here we go again with his bipolar assassination!"

"Enzo, I'd rather be with Alisa." I bite my lower lip.

"What? I assumed it was meant to be me and You." I froze as he said, "You and Me?" What?

"I can hang out with buddies other than you," I smirked as I rolled my eyes.

"Tell me anything about yourself," Alisa said as we proceeded to her room.

"Is Lorenzo still drinking?"

"No, he hasn't been since I started hanging out with him," Alisa says, throwing herself on the bed. I responded.

As far as I can tell, he's being a decent person, and I'm delighted he's becoming a better version of himself. "So you're telling me,  my brother Lorenzo Mateo Rosario that he hasn't drunk in months?" she exclaims.

"How old are you?" I ask, nodding. "Twenty-one."

She took her phone and took a selfie with me, which she posted on Instagram with the caption "Future sister in law." Wow! Is she expecting us to date?

Why am I not complaining? I'm not complaining; is there something wrong with me? I'm not getting into another relationship; my last one was a disaster.

"What is it?" I asked as I sat next to her. "Emily the brat just saw my post with you," she smirked evilly.

"I wanted to do this for her because she deserved it, and I never liked her because she's a spoil brat, but I know you two will date eventually," she says as she wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"We're not, just friends," I joke. I honestly don't know how I feel about him. "Just pals," she said in a loud pitch.

"I don't know you very well, but there's a chance you two have feelings for each other but aren't admitting it," she continues.

There's a chance, but I don't have feelings for him. "But he's a playboy, and I don't want that; just friends is fine." I sighed, not wanting to hear anything. "There's a reason he's a play boy," she says quietly.

"Why?" "I can't tell you it was in the past," she said gently as she walked to the bathroom, "I'll take a shower, you can pick a movie," she said with a sad smile.

What happened in the past? Why is he such a playboy? I'm not sure what's going on, so maybe I should stop asking questions and just shut up.