Chapter 18

After I broke up with him, I felt a little better

After I broke up with him, I felt a little better. My friends don't know it yet, only Lorenzo. I rely on him not to tell anyone. Bad memories of Isaac haunt me, especially at night, when nightmares of him.

I decided to go to therapy, it was my decision, I'm trying not to cut myself anymore, and it's hard. I can't concentrate on anything now. I'm afraid that Isaac will come back and try to hurt me again.

“Hello Isabelle,” Enzo approached me with a smile. Because the day he found out what was happening to me, he called me by my middle name. “Hi” I smile at him. “I think you are better.” He looks at me. “Better than before,” I laugh.

“Would you like to walk with me to clear your mind?” he asked. “I think you read my mind”

“I really do,” he laughs. I took my phone out of her pocket and saw Erika texting, “Enz, I need to check on Erica, I'll be right back.” His eyes widened when I first realized I had called him by his nickname. Oh, shit!

“I'm sorry,” he interrupted me. “It's okay, I like it,” he said with the best smile. Very attractive.

I go to the bathroom

“Erica?”

“I'm glad you're here,” she exclaimed. “You are still screaming”

“I failed my 12 homework without realizing it,” she said. “That's not my problem.” I roll my eyes. “Excuse me!” She folded her arms.

“Please do it, I have to go,” I said. “Where?” she asked. “With Lorenzo” I smiled. “Hmm,” she smiled. “Like a friend,” I roll my eyes with a smile as I leave the bathroom.

“Come on, let's go,” I said, approaching him. “Park?” he asked, putting my hands together.

I didn't mind if he did it, but I would be offended if Isaac did it, or if another man did it. We leave school.

“Your mother is a good person,” I blurted out. “She is,” he smiled. It was all about his charming smile. He let go of me and took my hand. We went to an abounded park.

What? It looks so lonely, it reminds me of one of those horror movies I used to watch. But somehow looks like peace.

“I love this park,” he said as he sat down. “For real?”

“Yeah, my sister and I used to hang out a lot. It's so peaceful,” he said, looking around. “You and your sister should be very close to each other.”