chapter 59

Eva's POV...

Mum told me, I made a beautiful bride.

I looked at myself in the mirror after the makeup artist was done, I had never seen myself so glorious,
Daddy always told me I was a beauty and make-up was just an addition to my beauty.
Evans added, with or without makeup, my face was exquisite.

" You are about to take the biggest step of your life, are you ready?" My matron, aunt Lister asked as she stared at my face in the mirror.

I took a deep breath, before saying a word,
She was right, the journey I was about to take was the biggest, a lifelong commitment to the man I loved.
They say good things come to those who wait and I didn't know if I waited enough.

" Am ready,"......

*******, *

Four years later.....

Life is an interesting journey that needs to be taken with greater precautions to avoid messing up.
I can't say mine wasn't perfect, because I had my share of pain.
The betrayal, the lies the unfair treatment, and discoveries.
I don't know how you would define perfect, but to me, that was perfect.

My father was the greatest person, God gave me and I was glad it was him not any other, even in a thousand lives, I would choose him.

I had never met anyone like my mum, loving and supportive.
Her love was undefined and now that I have my son, I hope to give him the same kind of love.

My Nana, that woman was one in a million, a mother I grew up to know and love.
She partook greatly in who I am today.

Sam my sister was also an important person in my life, she brought out the tolerant part in me, and thanks to her I learned how to endure.

My husband, my best friend, my life, my happiness, my joy, If I was told to rate him, I would go for zero because any number I choose wouldn't explain what he means to me.
I love him.

A lot has changed in the past four.

Becca finally graduated from the school of law in the United Kingdom, we took her in at GAI as the company lawyer, but she still works for other firms.

Sam opened the fashion boutique she has always wanted to open and at GAI, she is in charge of all the uniforms and company display designs.

Daddy and mummy got married a year after my wedding and started a new journey as a couple.
After convincing mum for months, she finally resigned as a nurse and became a full-time housewife.
Daddy fully resigned from GAI after Starr, my son was born, as it was the tradition of the company that the one who inherits the company must have an heir before fully taking up ownership.

Grace and Gideon graduated from the Copperbelt university two years after my wedding.
Grace graduated from the school of mass communication and we took her in at GAI as the company media manager.
Gideon graduated from security and safety and was hired to work for GAI as the company safety officer.

Sandra got married to her American lover and moved to America, but was still under GAI.
She took over management at the American GAI branch.

The three Musketeers, Nana Dorothy, Grandma Gloria, and grandma Maria, started a foundation to help vulnerable children in the country.
To date, it's still slow, but progress is seen.

My husband was finally taken in by the Bank of Zambia. He started as an employee, but two weeks ago, he was promoted to assistant manager, we hope for more, but for now, it's an achievement.

Chris has managed to let whatever he felt for me go, though it wasn't easy, I remember seeing him cry at my wedding, I felt bad, but it was for the best thing.
He is working as my assistant manager, which Evans terms to be a threat.

Holidays are the best time of the year for us as a family.
We come together to celebrate our lives and at times visit Natasha to celebrate with her.

And lastly, God has blessed me with a very handsome, cute, beautiful, fabulous son, Starr.
We named him that because he is the light of our home, the best thing that has happened to me.

This chapter of my life has been an adventure, looking forward to opening the one that has just begun.

Yours faithfully
Evaline Jaden Kangwa Lweendo.
E.J.K.L

The end.