chapter 17

Eva's pov

Sam passed me and ran upstairs.
The living room was left quiet with Mr. Ben standing at the door.

I could hear echoes in my head of the conversation that was in there...
Picturing everyone where they had been standing.

It was so heartbreaking to hear everything that my sister said and what daddy told her.

I didn't blame daddy at all because if I was in his situation, I would act the same.
No matter how hard he tried to be on Sam, she never changed.
It was like the harder he was, the worse she became.

"She loves me and has done all she can to make me happy, but you, on the other hand, the only person you care about is Eva.
She maintains a fake image that you want me to imitate.
She is like an angel in your eyes and everything she does, to you, is perfect,"
The words that Sam spoke kept echoing in my head and hating me.

I have never been my sister's competition, I have done all I could to make life favorable for the both of us, but Sam never saw it.
To her, she always thought I just wanted to spoil her name, but not anymore.
I wasn't going to let that continue. I had to talk to her, I was going to make things right.

I didn't care if she was hating or in pain from the conversation she had with daddy, I needed to talk to her.

" Eva?" Nanny Dorothy, who was coming out of Becca's room called and I turned to look at her," are you not going to sleep?"

" I need to talk to Samantha," I answered, glancing away from her stare.

" Can't you do it In the morning, you know how she can be when she is upset," she worried.

" No, I just have to," I instead and she nodded.

" Just be careful ok," she cautioned and I nodded, "good night, I'll see you in the morning, don't go to bed late,"

" Ok," I said and watch her walk away.

I entered Sam's room, which was a mess.

Things were thrown all over the place, her bed was uncovered and the blankets were on the floor.

Her picture frame was broken and the pieces were everywhere.

She was laying on the bed, head buried in the pillow, so she didn't hear me enter.

I started heading in her direction and accidentally stepped on a bottle and it fell.

The sound, made her sit up quickly.

" What do you want?" She asked, hitting me with a glare.

" Am here to talk to you," I said making sure my face wasn't apologetic.

" I don't want to talk to you, so just leave!" She shouted standing up.

'' It wasn't a question," I answered, sitting on her bed.

" What do you want? Have you come to brush whatever happened in my face? Because am sure your little heart is jumping in joy,"

" First of all the heart doesn't jump, it pumps," I informed, causing her to roll her eyes in irritation," and secondly, my heart is not little,"

" Enough with the drama and just tell me why you are here," she demanded, fixing her gaze on me.

" Why did you get in a fight?'' I asked, returning her gaze.

" It's none of your business," she answered, staring away.

" Let me guess, it's because of Willi?"

" Can you believe he kissed that stupid Winny?" She answered, shaking her fist.

" Winny Tembo?" I stormed

'' Mr. Dominic's stupid daughter," she added.

Sam and Winny had been long-time enemies, since their secondary school days.
I thought at that time they were just been childish, I didn't know it would go on.
They would fight, argue and cause trouble, in the name of whose father was the richest.
We all knew daddy was.

" I always tell you that Willi is a problem," I spit.

" No, that Winny kissed him,"
" And he responded, "I added annoying her," Sam, who knows how many people were there and saw all that,"

" The stupid media came," she informed.

" See...., daddy tries by all means to protect his reputation and you keep ruining it,"

" Please don't start!" she shouted turning her back on me.

" No Sam, I am starting," I said standing up," it's too much, do you ever feel it for the old man, you are his daughter, you are suppose to protect him, but you are destroying him,"

" Stop making it sound as though am that bad, it was just a fight," she said turning to look at me with crossed arms.

" It's not just about the fight... Sam? What wrong haven't you done in your life? murder is not spared, because you have aborted before, which is just the same thing,"

" Ms holy you are crossing your boundaries," she warned pointing.

" The truth hates doesn't it?" I protected," you don't learn Sam. I thought when we come home all your behaviors would remain in London, but you have brought them even here.
Shame on you,"

" What good will it be if I change? You heard your father, I can never be compared to you, you are way better than me.... have you forgotten?" She reminded me.

" He didn't mean as you think," I corrected narrowing at her," he meant in terms of behavior, which you know he was right.
Am different from you and I don't pretend.
I do my best to maintain a good image for this family, the company, and daddy. Unlike you,"

" This is what I mean by you came here to rub it in my face," she commented angrily, " but guess what, am not interested, now leave,"

" Sam daddy loves you, try to change and see if his attitude won't also change," I dared her," you are so different from mother and me.
Mother has never loved me,"

Tears began falling down my cheeks and a lamp formed on my throat.

" I have been on my best behavior, been the perfect daughter, but she doesn't see all that, she hates me, scolds me, and curses me for reasons I don't know and here you are crying when you know, you have to change to get the best from daddy," tears chocked me that I could no longer talk,so I ran out.

" Eva!!!" I heard her call me, but I didn't stop, I ran out, closing her door.

Author's note

Finally done 😅
Long scene but emotional.
How did you find it? Comment.
How would you like a new Sam?
I don't want to be a spoiler, just follow the next chapters.
Nevertheless, don't forget to vote on the 🌟 below.
Please share.